What Is ACP?
The aluminum composite panel is commonly described as ACP. This is composed of aluminum composite material (ACM) comprising two thin coated aluminum sheets. Consisting of two different components, metal and non-metal, as aluminum is metal and polyethylene plastic is non-metal, it performs better in terms and disadvantages of the new material.
The short name of the aluminum composite sheet is ACP. This is also described as a sandwich panel. The aluminum composite panel has been created by 3A Composite Corporation in 1964 as a collaborative invention with BASF.
The aluminum composite panel is indeed a construction substance wherein thermoplastic polythene base as well as the fire-retardant base layer are placed between two made of aluminum sheets. Polythene is not a fire-resistant substance, it sparks and spreads the fire.
Therefore, before buying the ACP panel, we must check also that the core material is fire-resistant. The Polythene Core Panel is being used in the Type C building project and now you’ll be wondering about what type C is.
Types of ACP
Building works are classified into three categories.
- Type A
- Type B
- Type C
#1. Type A
- Type A is perhaps the most fire-resistant method of architecture, covering a structure above four floors.
#2. Type B
- Type B protects 3 storage buildings and
#3. Type C
- Type C is the least fireproof mode of construction wherein one to two-story buildings were built.
Recent experience has shown that the aluminum composite panel with plastic polythene core caught fire easily during the fire. In certain nations, such as the UAE, the use of non-compliant aluminum composite panels with a polythene core is forbidden.
Generally, aluminum composite panels containing fire-resistant mineral-filled core content can be used. It’s indeed essential to note that no aluminum composite panel is fireproof, only fire code compliant.
Aluminum has a medium melting point of about 660 °C. The temperatures would be about 800 to 900 °C during the burn, which will destroy the skin and burn the heart.
The aluminum sheet can be painted with polyvinylidene fluoride which is PVDF or fluoropolymer resin which is FEVE or polyester coating. The normal thickness of the aluminum composite panel sizes are 3 mm, 4 mm, and 6 mm.
As these Aluminum Composite Panels have enough benefits, they are commonly used in a variety of locations, such as outdoor and outdoor.
Indoor activities can include ceiling lighting, dust protection, purification, show signs, to include a few.
Applications of ACP Sheet:
Applications of ACP Sheet are as follows.
- Facade or Cladding.
#1. Facade or Cladding-
- ACP panels could be used for cladding in exterior construction and also in interiors resulting in high longevity and versatility.
- ACP Sheets will survive the strict wear and tear of UV Resistant and prolong the life of the establishment.
- These days, all the office systems do use a sufficient floor area at the maximum optimal level. And they are using internal panels to do this.
- The material needed to be used for the making of these partitions shall be ACP panels.
- ACP has become one of the most cost-effective variants in the spectrum of partitioning products. Therefore, materials are commonly used in the building world.
- ACP is used to render a wide variety of flexible exterior signs, as signage and hoardings are being used for exterior applications and must survive changes in temperature or weather.
- ACP is also the best material for these applications in this situation.
- Wardrobes, bookshelves, and other furniture units have become exceedingly simple to make, as they are sleek and attractive, even though they are sturdy, water or stain resistant as well as lightweight.
Why Choose ACP Sheet?
No product will be as lightweight as the ACP Sheets are. Also, it is a new age substance that has many functional and technological benefits over conventional materials.
- It is lightweight.
- Delightfully versatile.
- It’s very easy to deal with.
- Easy to install.
- It can be built pretty quickly.
- It’s robust and easy to manage.
- It is cost-effective.
- It provides a broader spectrum of colors as well as textures.
Uses of ACP Sheet.
- Aluminum composite panels are also used for exterior cladding or building facades, signs, canopy storefronts, bar and hotel, shopping centers, commercial buildings, and offices, etc.
- It is now used for interior applications such as wall coverings, false ceilings, cupboards, portable kitchen cabinets, tabletops, column covers, and more.
- It is also used in the aircraft industry in which mechanical efficiency and weight savings are important.
Advantages of ACP Sheet.
- Neither substance is as durable as a composite aluminum panel and can be used with projects that are either too complicated or impractical for other materials.
- This is a very rigid, robust, and solid substance though it is very small in weight.
- It’s pleasingly versatile and easy to deal with.
- It’s easy to use, and we can install it easily.
- It is a very inexpensive cladding material relative to other options present on the market and
- It offers a broader range of colors.
- It’s UV immune and chemical resistant.
- ACP is environmentally sustainable and entirely recyclable panels are typically made of over 85 percent recycled aluminum content.
- It is resistant to termite and fungal.
- It also is unbreakable, temperature tolerant, and resistant to stain.
- Composite aluminum panels are manufactured in about 40 various colors and can also be rendered in unique colors to suit the building application.
- Aluminum may be used to mimic the color and texture of actual stone and wood very effectively.
- Excellent external stability within the same ambient temperature of – 52 to + 80 degrees Celsius and low thermal expansion.
- It has a clean finish on the surface.
Disadvantages of ACP Sheet.
- They are vulnerable to dentition during floods and hurricanes.
- The joints must be properly closed and proper water resistance must be performed such that there can be no entry of water further into the building mostly during rainfall.
Warranty of ACP Sheet:
With aluminum composite frames, manufacturers usually offer 5 to 10 years of warranty, however, some of the companies now often give you 15 to 20 years of warranty.
Installation of ACP Sheet:
There are various types of construction of aluminum composite panels based on where the ACP is mounted, whether this is an external surface or perhaps an internal surface in several of the methods ACP sheets is fixed to the foundation using adhesive.
The basic philosophy that is used in the ACP installation is cladding. Throughout this process, the holes are bored in the wall and the aluminum frame is built with the aid of screws, as well as the ACP sheets are mostly hanging upon on frame or screwed onto the frame in just such a manner that the screws aren’t noticeable from beyond the distance between the two sheets utilizing a silicone gasket.
Cleaning and Maintenance of ACP Sheet:
- A mild regular detergent was used.
- To prevent stains, all washing operations must be followed with clean water.
- Driver a sponge or other absorbent substance panel.
ACP Sheet Price:
The price of the aluminum composite panel depends on many factors, such as its average weight, core content, the thickness of the skin, coating, etc.
Approximately 3M fireproof ACP sheet with polythene core including PVDF coating would be available on the market at 75 square feet.
Characteristics of Aluminium Composite Panels:
- ACP is lighter in weight. But in nature, it’s strong and lasting, too. This would be the primary reason why ACP is chosen to be used for exterior cladding. Also, these features make it ideal for signage production.
- The ACP panel is highly favored for the beautification of buildings these days. It is particularly suitable for building construction when paired with glass curtain wall fittings.
- The ACP panel is completely weather-resistant in design. In reality, the colors of this don’t fade underneath the sun’s rays.
- The main feature of the ACP panel is that this can be easily identified, regardless of the country. Besides that, in general, it is very cost-effective. This is known to be one of the materials reduce from the installation point of view. These products often need the least upkeep.
- ACP can be used in several colors. It doesn’t matter whether you’re going for a metallic hue or non-metallic shade, you will imitate the shade of wood as well as marble thoroughly over it.
- It was one of the key factors for the immense success of the ACP countries. In the segment of cladding material, in particular, ACP is known to be the most favored material.
- Aluminum Cladding is known the highest in terms of thermal insulation properties. Its properties of sound resistance are also very strong.
- They are mostly fire-resistant in design. This is the reason that exterior cladding solutions are favored.
- This exists a thermoplastic heart, which serves to tie the materials intact.
- Also, the design of this type is the key factor that makes it unbelievable for the outer cladding systems.
- Used on the outside of the house, it offers a glossy appearance and assures better safety of the weather.