What is Building Construction | Steps & Processes of Building Construction | Application of Building Construction | How to do Planning of Building Construction
Definition of Construction
Construction is the methodology of developing a building or infrastructure. Manufacturing refers to production of comparable items with no particular purchaser, while construction occurs on a location for a known client.
What is Building Construction?
Building development is the methodology of addition of structure to property. The overwhelming majority of building construction projects are bijou renovations, like incrporation of a room, or repair of a bathroom.
Frequently, property owner plays a role as the laborer, payer & design team leader. All building construction projects possess few common elements – design, financial & legal purposes.
Multifarious projects of distinct sizes attain undesirable end results, like structure collapse, cost overruns. So, those with profound experience within the field generate detailed plans for a positive result.
Also, Read: How to Building Construction Process Step by Step
Steps & Processes of Building Construction
- Pre-construction Steps
- Acquire Land
- Seek Technical / Consultant.
- Design Process
- Prepare Estimation & Budgets.
- Building Permits.
- Approach a Contractor.
- Building Warranty Period.
- During Building Construction Steps
- Site Clearance.
- Plinth Beam or Slab.
- Superstructure Column and Beam.
- Brick Masonry Work.
- Lintel Over Door Window.
- Floor Slab or Roof Structure.
- Door and Window Framing and Fixations.
- Electrical and Plumbing.
- Exterior Finishing.
- Internal Finishes.
- Woodwork and Fixture Fittings.
- Boundary Wall and Gates.
- Hardscaping and Landscaping.
- Punch List.
- Warranty Period.
Also, Read: House Construction Cost Calculator Excel Sheet
Steps of Building Construction
The ordinary construction scheme is to embrace a foremost priority on cost control or schedule control.
Once you’ve got worked out on planning emphasis, it’s time to think about all other functional specifications for construction scheme.
- To pick out the technology & construction methodology to utilize.
- To define activities.
- To define relationships & vital flow among activities.
- To estimate activity durations.
- To estimate resource requirements for work activities.
- To inaugurate a coding system.
Process of Building Construction
- Arrange Construction Site & Pour Foundation.
- Assemble Rough Framing.
- Perform Rough Plumbing, Electrical HVAC.
- Install Insulation.
- Complete Drywall & Interior Finishes, Start Exterior Finishes.
- Finish Interior Trim, Install Exterior Walkways & Driveway.
Also, Read: What Is Grouting | Types of Grouting | Advantage of Grouting
How to do Planning of Building Construction?
Development planning is crucial in managing & implementation of construction projects since it involves selecting the technology, recognizing feasible workflows & estimating specified resources.
There are 3 varieties of development project planning:-
1. Strategic Planning
It possesses a selection of project objectives. Strategic planning is occasionally done by project owner’s corporate planners.
2. Operational Planning
Prior to the project team’s preparation of a detailed development schedule, they require to go through a sequence of questions in order to prepare the development master plan:
- Is the operational plan enough to meet the strategic planning target date?
- Are the development resources & services achievable within the corporate enough to fulfill the project objectives?
- What is the impact of the new project on the workload?
- How can we handle any overload?
- What company policies can resist the plan before meeting the target date?
- Are lengthy delivery equipments involved?
- Are the project designs correctly established to begin the construction?
- Is the initial contract plan still valid?
- Will it be more economical to utilize a fast-track scheduling procedure?
It possesses a detailed operational plan to attack a time frame as per the planned objectives.
Also, Read: How to Find House Construction Cost
What is Construction Planning?
A development plan lists out each step that it’ll take to attain a result.
Step 1: Generate the Project:
Generate a Project Initiation Document that defines the people, resources & budget.
Step 2: Draft a Preliminary Plan:
Utilization of S.M.A.R.T. & C.L.E.A.R. formula aid to fix concrete goals.
- S- Specific
- M- Measurable
- A- Attainable
- R- Realistic
- T- Timely
- C- Collaborative
- L- Limited
- E- Emotional
- A- Appreciable
- R- Refinable
Step 3: Implement Plan.
Call a gathering together with your team, set expectations & assign project managers to check the ongoing progress.
Step 4: Track Performance.
Gather data on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) like objectives, performance & quality.
Step 5: Close Out.
Using the information you gathered, evaluate your performance & talk to team to ameliorate the subsequent project.
A construction plan is a sequence of documents, that describes the given project. It contains:-
- A written manuscript
- Sketches, photographs, & images that exemplify the outlook
- A project schedule
Construction Planning Software
A dynamic construction planning software is crucial to develop the project on time & within budget, which aid in administrative tasks, estimating, resource management & time-tracking.
How to Submit a Building Permit?
Before beginning of a job, it’s required that you simply acquire a building permit. A license is issued by the building department of the municipality authorizes the team to proceed forward.
A distinct permit is required for every sort of work (like demolition, plumbing, electrical, mechanical work, etc.).
Also, Read: Standard Room Size | How to Draw House Plan Step By Step
Application of Building Construction
- BIM technology can use several techniques to supply support, that is, construction simulation, information statistics, in order that the management of the multifarious processes reflected in the contents of the visual, which can strengthen the management of its control.
- BIM technology for quality management, additionally to the merchandise itself can reflect the standard management, but also the methodology of technical quality management.
- BIM technology on the one hand can make the real-time monitoring for the construction process, on the opposite hand, managers will be established through this technology module needed to seek out their own equipment and other related information in the first time, and compare products and construction site.
- The main factors affecting the standard of the project are human, equipment, materials, methods, conditions, if these factors is well controlled, the standard of construction may be guaranteed.
- The employment of BIM is especially to play a significant role in controlling these factors.
- BIM to an outsized extent can help these people to try to do the work better, more effective, fundamentally solve the standard issues regarding the construction.
- For the development of the scene of the construction machinery, we are able to utilize BIM technology to simulate them, a range of mechanical composition of the tactic to a paricular change.
- The material utilized in the development of the project is the core material of the whole entire. Whether the fabric is chosen correctly & the reasonable utilization can directly affect the standard of the project.
- Therefore, material control is the key link of the full project. BIM technology is a comprehensive analysis of the requirements of the construction & hence the progress of the project, & supplies the foremost reasonable choice of material to confirm that the complete construction process normal & effective.
- The application of BIM technology can record the precise information & sources of materials, & classify them with respect to the various varieties of materials, because of the basis for the later engineering inspection.
- For construction projects, the utilization of BIM technology, is more effortlessly in the electronic simulation of varieties of construction methods to simulate the construction, at the identical time, are frequently blended with various strengths & weaknesses in the simulation analysis, it’s more consistent with the process of construction project.
- Simultaneously, it can also be utilized for the construction of the program reasoning demonstration, so it’s expected to correspond with the original, thus ensuring the standard of housing construction projects.
Also, Read: 21 Different Types of Arches Construction
What Does Building Construction Mean?
Building construction means any physical activity on the site involved in the erection of a structure, cladding, external finish, formwork, fixture, fitting of service installation, and the unloading of plant, machinery, materials, or the like.
Meaning of Building Construction
Building construction is the process of constructing buildings. This is more specific than the general term “construction.” The result of building construction is always a building or an addition to a building. This may be in a residential or commercial setting.
How to Planing of Building Construction?
- Create the project: Create a Project Initiation Document that spells out the people, resources, and budget for the project.
- Draft an initial plan: Use the S.M.A.R.T. and C.L.E.A.R. processes to set concrete, specific goals for your project.
- Execute the plan: Call a meeting with your team, get on the same page, set expectations, and assign project managers to oversee progress.
- Track your performance: Gather data on key performance indicators (KPIs) such as objectives, performance, and quality.
- Close out and evaluate: Using the data you gathered, evaluate your performance and talk with your team on how you could improve on the next project.
What Are the 5 Types of Building Construction?
Buildings can be categorized into five different types of construction: fire-resistive, non-combustible, ordinary, heavy timber, and wood-framed.
What Are the Benefits of a Construction Worker?
Workers are paid very well according to their experience and skill level. Union workers usually get paid better than non-union counterparts. Construction sites need managers and safety managers so there is room for growth and higher salaries.
Advantages of Building Construction
- There’s good job security: In case you haven’t heard, there’s a major shortage of skilled workers in the trades
- You’re providing a real solution to a real human need: Call us old-fashioned, but we believe there’s something to be said for doing good, honest work.
- You can stay active, fit, and healthy: In case you haven’t heard the buzz, it turns out that sitting all day is bad for your health (some people say, really bad for your health).
- Earn a good living: Another advantage to working in construction is the potential salary you can earn.
- It’s easy to enter and get started: Another advantage to working in construction is that for many trades, it’s easy to enter the trade and start a career – with almost no experience. For many traders, you can start as a laborer, work hard, learn the trade over a few years, and progress in your skills, position, and salary.
- Generally speaking, you don’t need to go into debt for a college degree: One of the biggest advantages for young people looking to enter the trades is that (for many trades) you don’t need a college degree, and can skip the whole student loans and student debt problem.
- You get to build something tangible: In the West, more and more businesses operate online, and more jobs are reduced to working on a computer.
Disadvantages of Building Construction
The obvious disadvantages are the delay in occupancy while land acquisition, design work, and building are going on, and the cost of overruns and mistakes caused by forecasting errors and planning oversights.” Certainly, there are risks associated with construction.
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
Suggested Read –
- Top 10 Best Cement Companies In India 2021
- What Is Stone Masonry | Types of Stone Masonry
- Tension Vs Compression | What Is Tension & Compression
- What is BoQ | BoQ Meaning | Advantages of BoQ | What is BoM
- Soak Pit Design | Health Aspects | Operation and Maintenance of Soak Pit | Applicability of Soak Pit Design
- What Is Superelevation | Superelevation Definition | Superelevation Formula | Calculation of Superelevation in Roads
- Brick Masonry | 6 Types of Bricks | Types of Brick Masonry Work | 4 Types of Brick Bond | 5 Classification of Bricks Based on Size Modification
Interested in building and construction technology