New Technology Civil Engineering
Here, list of construction inventions are as follows.
- Self-Healing Concrete
- Thermal Bridging
- Photovoltaic Glaze
- Kinetic Footfall
- Kinetic Roads
- 3D Modelling
- Modular Construction
- Asset Mapping
- Internet of Things
1. Self-Healing Concrete
- In the construction of Self-healing Concrete cement is the most widely used material, but cement is also contributors one of the biggest to harmful carbon emissions, by using cement we increasing annual global emissions up to 7 percent.
- Cracking in construction is one major problem, usually caused by exposure to chemicals and water.
- Within microcapsules using a mix containing bacteria to develop a self-healing concrete, the Bath University researchers are looking for it.
- When water enters a crack in the concrete which will germinate, and exact limestone, plugging the crack before oxygen and water have a chance to corrode the steel reinforcement.
2. Thermal Bridging
- Throughout the construction industry is becoming crucially important the demand forefficient insulation material.
- Directly through the building envelope the heat through walls tends to be cross, be it, block, masonry, or stud frame, such as drywall to the internal fascia. All this reason the process is called thermal bridging.
- The cryogenic insulation developed by Aerogel, the Nasa technology, is produced one of the most effective thermal insulation materials for construction, and in a fiberglass matrix, it using as a proprietary aerogel that is adapted by US spin-off Thermalon.
- To insulate studs this can be used, by more than 40 percent which can considerably increase the overall wall R-value.
3. Photovoltaic Glaze
- The innovation in 2021 in civil construction is, glazing integrated photovoltaic that can help generate their electricity to buildings, into a solar panel by turning the whole building envelope.
- Forming facades, windows, and roofs as a structural building material, Polydoris a company that provides transparent photovoltaic glass.
- Even on vertical walls, north-facing, the grazing material of Polyzoa’s is efficient at producing energy, and at raised temperatures, its high performance means it can be insulated directly or double glazed.
- For earning feed-in tariff revenues and provide the saving on energy bills, over the traditional glass its cost is only marginal.
- Since framework and construction costs remain, while shading and cladding system costs are replaced.
4. Kinetic Footfall
- Kinetic energy is another technology that is under development that the energy of footsteps the flooring to harness and Pavement provides a technology that enables.
- It may be utilized outdoors or indoors in high traffic areas and using an electromagnetic induction that generates electricity from the pedestrian footfall process and flywheel energy storage.
- To transport hubs the Kinetic footfall is most efficient where over it a large flow of people will pass.
- On a football pitch in Rio de Janeiro, the company deployment has done so far is to help power the floodlights around the pitch.
- Outside London’s Canary Wharf station It has a temporary installed powering street lights.
5. Kinetic Roads
- By Italian startup, Underground Power in roadways is exploring the utility of kinetic energy potential.
- Technology has developed by the company is calledlybra, by moving vehicles a tire-like rubber paving that converts the kinetic energy produced into electrical energy.
- The Polytechnic University of Milan, this technology is developed in collaboration with, Lybra operates on the principle that a braking car dissipates kinetic energy.
- To convert kinetic energy into electricity this new cutting-edge technology can collect, and also for improving road safety and pass it on to the electricity grid.
- The device upgrades and promotes the sustainability of road innovation in construction.
6. 3D Modelling
- By the growth of smart cities, innovative planning concepts have been driven.
- Cybercity3D the software developed for that purpose is geospatial modeling in the production of smart 3D building models that specializes.
- To help the architectural smart digital 3D buildings it helps in creating, construction sectors, and engineering, with CC3D proprietary software communicate and visualize design and data.
- Information system platforms with 3D geographic models can be integrated, such as Autodesk and ESIR, to Cesium’s open architecture virtual 3D globe and can stream 3D urban building data.
- It delivers data information for urban, sustainability, energy, and, works design planning in conjunction with many smart cities Sea platforms such as City zenith.
Also, Read: Types of Stair | Stairs Parts Names & Details
7. Modular Construction
- Using the same design it includes the building constructed off-site materials and of the same standards on-site construction as conventional.
- It also helps in limiting environmental disruption, and when needed, turning construction and delivering components as into a logistics exercise.
- The modular also offers strong sustainability benefits, from fewer vehicle movements to less waste.
- By using as components this method with up to 70 percent of a building produced, it allows a move towards delivery and manufacturing.
- In the UK and the United States this method is currently popular, recently completed a 57-story skyscraper by the Chinese developer Broad Sustainable Building.
8. Asset Mapping
- The asset mapping technique focuses on operational equipment, including air conditioning and heating, and security systems, lighting, collecting data from serial numbers, engineering, firmware.
- Combines the data in one place when it was installed and by whom.
- once the assets are connected it shows engineers in real-time on a map where the equipment needs to be installed to the real-time system using the internet.
- These can be operated via the app, web, and other remote systems and devices.
- Asset mapping is constructed for helps customers build databases of asset performance.
- which also reduces building procurement and can assist in proactive building maintenance, and insurance costs.
9. Internet of Things
- Internet of Things indicates a lot of devices connected abbreviated as IoT so that they can transfer the data.
- Even in the construction field, this can help in inducing smart technologies.
- Smart machines can be invented with the application of this technology, that can maintain and run on their own- especially for repetitive tasks.
- To avoid accidents by tracking the dangerous areas Improved accuracy and functionality of Geo-Location can help.
- To reduce the carbon footprint smart technologies can also be employed.
- In the construction field earlier on, we’re not quite used the smart technologies.
- However, with the advent of new technologies and the scenario is changing, construction is also becoming less tedious and smarter.
- To monitor the site drones can be employed. to control large site areas its usage permits the inspector while sitting in one place.
- For the site’s material supply they can also be used.
Also, Read: What Is Scaffolding | Types of Scaffolding