Introduction of Civil Engineer Software
There is multifarious software accessible which are utilized in Civil Engineering. The Civil Engineering Softwares are surging manifold day by day.
Here could be a list of SOFTWARE which are outrageously employed by many Civil Engineers all round the world.
Civil Engineering Software:
Civil engineering software encompasses a variety of tools to assist civil engineers throughout both the design and construction process.
This software can help in drafting & documenting, designing, visualizing & analyzing & so on.
List of Civil Engineering Software:
This software are substantially beneficial in Construction projects.
- Project Management Software for Civil Engineering.
- AUTO CAD
- MS Excel
- Primavera P6
- Microsoft Project (MS Project)
- Software Required for 3d Modeling of Structure/Architecture.
- Autodesk 3ds Max
- Autodesk Maya
- Autocad Civil 3d
- Software Required for Geo-Technical Work.
- GeoStudio 2018 R2
- Q GIS
- Software for Road Designing & Analysis.
- MX –Road
- Bently Road Network
- Software Required for Structural Analysis and Design.
- STAAD Pro
- Revit Structure
- Midas Gen
- Software Required for Geotechnical Analysis.
- Software for Surveying.
1. Project Management Software for Civil Engineering.
The types of Software Required for Drafting or Drawing are as follows.
1a. AUTO CAD
- AutoCAD is a mercantile software & drafting software application, developed by Autodesk.
- Utilized in most structural design consultancies and firms.
- SketchUp, hitherto Google Sketchup, is a 3D modeling program for a good range of drawing applications like architectural, interior design, architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film, and computer game design.
1c. MS Excel
- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet which aids in complex calculations, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language is additionally accessible called Visual Basic for Applications.
1d. Primavera P6
- Primavera is an enterprise project portfolio management software.
- It includes modules such as project management, collaboration, and control capabilities, and integrates with other enterprise software like Oracle and SAP’s ERP systems.
- Primavera is a construction Planning and Scheduling software.
1e. Microsoft Project (MS Project)
- Microsoft Project is a project management software package designed to aid a project manager in developing a thought, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, governing the budget, and scrutinizing workloads.
2. Software Required for 3d Modeling of Structure/Architecture
The types of Software Required for 3d Modeling of Structure/Architecture are as follows.
2a. Autodesk 3ds Max
- Autodesk 3ds Max, formerly 3D Studio & 3D Studio Max, is a 3D visual graphics program for creating 3D animations, interior design, models, games, and images.
2b. Autodesk Maya
- Autodesk Maya, also referred to as Maya, is a 3D computer graphics application that is capable to run on Windows, macOS, and Linux, hitherto developed by Alias Systems Corporation and currently owned by Autodesk, Inc.
2c. Autocad Civil 3d
- AutoCAD Civil 3D is a design and documentation solution for Civil Engineering that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM)
3. Software Required for Geo-Technical Work
The types of Software Required for Geo-Technical Work are as follows.
3a. GeoStudio 2018 R2
- GeoStudio is an integrated software eligible for modeling slope stability, ground deformation, and warmth and mass convey in soil and rock.
- Used for exhumation, facile foundation & fathomless foundation design, stability analysis & settlement analysis.
- Advanced geotechnical scrutiny of soil, rock, and structural support in 3 dimensions.
3d. Q GIS
- Advanced geotechnical scrutiny of soil, rock, and structural support in 3 dimensions.
- QGIS is an open-source desktop Geographic Information System (GIS)application that acts as a positive catalyst in viewing, editing, and analysis of geospatial data.
- Utilized for earthquake and Geo-Technical analysis.
- The program has been developed for analyzing deformation, stability & flows in geotechnical engineering.
4. Software for Road Designing & Analysis
The types of Software for Road Designing & Analysis are as follows.
- MX Road is a wonderful string-based modeling tool developed by Bentley Systems that sanctions the brisk and explicit design of all kinds of roads.
4b. Bently Road Network
- Civil Design Software for Road Networks.
5. Software Required for Structural Analysis and Design
The types of Software Required for Structural Analysis and Design are as follows.
5a. STAAD Pro
- When it involves designing and analysis of a structure, Bentley System’s STAAD PRO is one such software which is opted by numerous professionals.
- Pro is referred to as the structural engineering professional’s choice for steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel design of virtually any structure together with culverts, petrochemical plants, tunnels, bridges, piles, and far more through its malleable modeling environment, advanced features, and data collaboration.
- ETABS is a software for structural analysis and building design.
- After many Research, brand new ETABS offers peerless 3D modeling and visualization tools, fast linear and nonlinear analytical power, sophisticated and comprehensive design potentialities, insightful graphic displays, reports, and schematic drawings that allow users to swiftly and unambiguously decrypt and comprehend design results.
5c. Revit Structure
- Revit Structure is Autodesk’s BIM software solution for structural engineering companies and structural engineers, that has a feature-rich toolset aiding to drive efficient design processes in the course of a BIM (Building Information Modelling) environment, or when functioning with supplementary construction disciplines using Autodesk CAD software like Autodesk® Revit® Architecture and Autodesk® Revit® MEP.
5d. Midas Gen
- Midas Gen is an innate and husky building design and analysis solution that gives practicing engineers the aptitude to conveniently and deftly execute structural design and analysis of buildings and general structures.
6. Software Required for Geotechnical Analysis
The types of Software Required for Geotechnical Analysis are as follows.
- SAFE is a tool for designing concrete floor and foundation systems.
- SAP2000 is a civil-engineering software for the scrutiny of any variety of structural systems.
- It has parametric templates for the subsequent style of structures: Simple Beams, 3D Trusses, 3D Frames, Storage Vessels, Staircases, Dam Structures, and Pipes.
- Abaqus is useful for element analysis and CAD engineering.
7. Software for Surveying
The types of Software for Surveying are as follows.
- ArcGIS is the software utilized in Geographical Information System.
- It is obliging in generating Thematic Maps, manages data, performs traditional and advanced spatial analysis, and decipher complex problems
List of Engineering Software:
Other specialized software used by Design Engineers are:
- MATLAB For 3D Design
- CATIA Numerical Computation, Visualization & Programming
- ZW3D CAD/CAM Solution Provider
- MechDesigner Design Analysis of moving machines
- PTC Product & Service Advantage on IoT
- BricsCAD 3D Modelling at .dwg file format
- Solid Edge 3D Design, Simulation, Design Management
- Rhino 3D Modeler
- SolidFace 2D/3D CAD Modeler
- TopSolid Manufacturing with CAD, CAM, ERP, PDM
- Geomagic Design Reverse Engineering, Product Design, Inspection & Analysis
- SpaceClaim 3D Modeling Software Solve Geometry problems
- TurboCAD Designer 2D Drafting Design
- ANSYS DesignSpace Conceptualizing & Designing
- Patran MSC Software for Virtual Product Development
- Simulia Simulation Application
- COMSOL Multiphysics Multiphysics simulation
- ANSYS Fluent Model Flow, Turbulence, Heat Transfer
- MapleSim Another software
- The Engineering ToolBox Resources, tools & basic information
- Femap Advanced simulation
- Linear Technology Design Simulation and Device Models Evaluation of Circuits
- KeyCreator Direct CAD Create, change, analyze mechanical design
- FreePCB PCB Editor
- Power Supply WebDesigner Power Semiconductor & Mobile Technology
- KOMPAS-3D 3D Modeling System
- WEBENCH Design Center Design
- TinyCAD Electrical Circuit Diagrams
- CircuitLab Fast Design
- DraftSight CAD Software Create .dwg files
- Engineering Power Tools Plus Edition Powerful Tool
- INOVATE Productivity & Design Collaboration Freedom
- RecurDyn Professional Modeler, Solver & Process Net
- SOLIDWORKS Industrial Designer Create Quick multiple industrial designs
- QCAD Open Source 2D CAD Program
- Shark FX v9 2D & 3D Design
- EAGLE PCB Design Software Design purpose
- PCSCHEMATIC Automation Intelligent Designing
- XCircuit Draw Electrical Circuit
- Autodesk Digital Prototyping Manufacture Products
- SALOME Numerical Simulation
- GeckoCIRCUITS Power Electronics
- 5Spice Analysis Software Circuit Simulator
- Elecdes Design Suite Electrical & Instrumentation Design
- NX for Design Design Tool for Product Development
- Engineering Unit Converter Unit Converter App
- TechCalc100 Engineering Software Perform complex calculations
- Engineering Cookbook Mechanical Designing
- Electrical Engineering Electrical Calculator, Circuit Calculator & Electrical Formulae