What Is Closet Door?
A closet door is a type of door which is used to separate or enclose an area like a walk-in closet, wardrobe closet, linen closet, utility closet, coat closet, broom closet, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, bedroom, etc.
Sometimes, the closet room also acts as a room partition. Right choice of a closet door can change the whole appearance of your room.
Sometimes finest adjustment of the closet door can create more space in your closet.
List of Doors Closet
Here, the list of doors closet are as follows.
- Bypass Closet Door:
- Pocket Closet Door:
- Glass Closet Door:
- Pivot Closet Door:
- French Closet Door:
- Bi-fold Closet Door:
- Louvered Closet Door:
- Bookcase Closet Door:
- Accordion Closet Door:
- Double Closet Door:
- Wood Closet Door:
- Mirrored Closet Door:
- Single Panel Closet Door:
- Sliding Bar Closet Door:
- Synthetic Material Closet Door:
- 23 Different Types of Doors
- How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality at Home
- What is Louvered Door? | 10 Different Types of Louvered Doors available in Market
- What Is Standard Door Size | Standard Door Height | Standard Door Width | Standard Door Frame Size
- All About Door Hinges | 13 Different Types of Door Hinges | What Is Door Hinges | Types of Door Hinges
- Parts of a Door Frame | Standard Size Door Frames | Types of Door Frames | How to Build a Door Frame
- What Is Flush Door | Different Types of Flush Door | Pros and Cons of Flush Doors | Flush Door Vs Wooden Doors
Types of Closet Doors
There are generally various types of closet doors available in the marketplace. Here, we only discuss 15 types of the closet door; those are the following.
1. Bypass Closet Door:
A sliding closet door is well-known as a Bypass closet door. These types of doors are available in a wide range of materials like aluminum, glass, etc. These doors are very easy and simple to use.
2. Pocket Closet Door:
This type of door is basically a small opening in the wall. Pocket closet doors are limited-space doors and are seen in old houses.
This door opening is constructed in the wall, that’s why the door is not visible when it is fully opened. The installation charge of this door is too much, which is the main reason for the unavailability of this door.
3. Glass Closet Door:
Glass closet is a modern type of closet door. Generally, three types of glass are used in glass closet doors those are simple, transparent glass, colored glass, and frosted glass. The cost of a glass closet door is much higher than the other ones.
Where privacy is not a big issue, then you can undoubtedly use a transparent door. With this transparent door, you can easily select your clothes without opening the door.
For cleaning purposes of this glass closet door, use vinegar or water solution. Glass doors are made of very damage-prone material, so work with them gently and carefully.
4. Pivot Closet Door:
Generally, pivot doors create a good impression on the room. Here, pivots are used at the top and bottom of the door, and no hinges are used.
Pivots create a large path of opening to the closet. This type of door is beautiful and efficient for large rooms. Pivot doors can be easily modified and are very flexible for use anywhere. The installation cost of these doors is very much high because it requires skilled labor.
5. French Closet Door:
This type of door can be opened from the middle because all the hinges are connected from the middle. These are made from light wooden materials, and the frames are made of glass. Sometimes, panels are also made of glass.
Those French doors, which are walk-in-closet type and made of transparent glass, are very much attractive. Sometimes, those doors are also made of wood panels for a traditional looking.
The cost of these doors is a little bit higher than the other ones because of the materials and finish. The one disadvantage of this door is it takes up a lot of space for opening purposes.
6. Bi-fold Closet Door:
The bi-fold closet door is the most popular closet door which is used in recent times. This type of door is separated into two parts, and hinges are attached to the middle portion of the door.
It also saves a lot of space with some beautiful styles. This door provides the whole width of the closet, whereas the sliding closet door only provides half a portion of the closet.
7. Louvered Closet Door:
The louvered closet door can increase the aesthetic beauty of the closet. These types of doors are made of wood and provide a pleasant outlook. The panels of these doors are made of slats which provide good ventilation. Louvered doors are generally used in the bedroom and laundry rooms.
8. Bookcase Closet Door:
This type of door is also called as hidden door & it is another style of the hidden door. A hidden door is used for hidden room purposes where you can keep your valuable things safely. This closet also helps to show your showpieces.
Bookcase closets are generally made of solid wood, that’s why the cost of this product is higher. Sometimes plywood is also used to construct this type of closet door, and installation charges are also low. In several places, these types of doors are used and it is a good decoration option for your bedroom.
9. Accordion Closet Door:
This type of closet door is made of timber, fiberglass, aluminum, lightweight PVC, etc. Sometimes, acrylic materials are inserted into the door, which looks like frosted or clear glass. In the accordion door, we mainly used short panels.
10. Double Closet Door:
This type of door is best for smaller type closets. These are fashionable types of doors, but it mainly used for household purposes. It generally contains two hinged doors, one opens left, and another one opens right.
In this when one door opens then, the other one remains closed. The double closet door needs front space for opening, but it is a little bit difficult in a crowded room.
11. Wood Closet Door:
This type of door is generally used in internal purposes. Wood doors are very much easy to create than metal door. This is available in different types. The price of this door is reasonable and it has an elegant appearance.
12. Mirrored Closet Door:
Mirror closet door provides service as a door and a mirror also. This type of door increases the beauty of your bedroom.
This can preserve more wall space and creates a good impression to the large room. These closet doors reflect sunlight and create extra brightness to the room. It will increase the appearance and atmosphere of that room.
13. Single Panel Closet Door:
Single panel closet is very much useful when you do have not enough space for a double panel closet door. It is generally a swinging door which is generally designed as a bedroom door.
14. Sliding Bar Closet Door:
It is basically a sliding door that has a bottom track and an exposed metal bar. It also contains lower wheels for forward and backward direction movement.
If you are searching for a vintage look, then obviously, you can go for this option, and the installation charges for this type of door is also moderate.
15. Synthetic Material Closet Door:
The main materials of synthetic closet doors are acrylic, PVC, etc. It is available in different designs along with different materials.
The longevity of this product is very high, and it is also lightweight. Basically, if you want a different look with modern designs, then you obviously go for this option.
- Dry Pack Mortar Bed
- What Is Crane | 18 Different Types of Cranes
- Cinder Block Vs Concrete Block | What Is Cinder Blocks | What Is Concrete Blocks
- What Is Hempcrete | Hempcrete Blocks | Advantages & Disadvantages of Hempcrete Blocks | Applications of Hempcrete
- What Is Concrete Topping | Topping Slab Definition | Types of Topping Slab | Advantages & Disadvantage of Topping Slab
- Well Point System | Types of Well Point System | Well Point Dewatering | PVC Well Point | Well Point Installation | Well Point for Shallow Well
Bypass Closet Doors for Bedrooms
A bypass closet door is widely known as a sliding closet door. Generally, these doors are placed in the track. Various types of materials are used to construct the bypass closet doors; those are aluminum, wood, glass, etc.
Bypass doors need a front space for opening. These types of doors are very lightweight.
Replacing Closet Doors:
There are several steps are included for replacing closet doors; those are following below.
- First, you need to remove the old door, and after that, remove the track from the header.
- Then pull off all the nails from the old casing of the door.
- Thirdly, bring new frames for the new opening and new nails for construction purposes.
- Make sure that all the plumbing materials for closet doors are perfectly vertical.
- The middle blank spaces are filled with drywall. Those drywalls are fitted with screws.
- After that, primer and paints are applied. After doorframes are attached to closet doors.
- Finally install, the casing and finish nailer is used for trimming.
High-End Closet Doors:
- High-end closet doors are similar to double closet door.
- These types of doors are longer than usual ones.
- The normal size of these doors is generally 7 feet to 8 feet.
- What Is Pitched Roof | 8 Types of Pitched Roof | Advantages of Pitched Roof
- What Is Grade On Slab | Construction of Concrete Slab on Grade | Types of Grade on Slab
- What Are Walls | What Is Interior Walls | 25 Types of Wall | Types of Interior Wall Materials | Types of Wall Construction | Types of Load Bearing Wall
- What Are Hollow Bricks | Advantage of Hollow Bricks | Disadvantage of Hollow Bricks | Sizes of Bricks Blocks | How to Make Hollow Bricks
- What Is Frost Wall | Types of Frost Wall | Requirements for Frost Wall Construction | Application of Frost Wall | Advantages of Frost Wall | Uses of Frost Wall
Tinted Glass Closet Doors:
- Tinted glass closets are similar to glass closet doors.
- This type of closet door is generally placed in bedrooms and drawing rooms.
- It produces a classy and elegant look to the atmosphere.
Modern Closet Doors:
- Modern closet doors are made of modern fiber materials.
- This type of door is available in different colors.
- Modern closet doors are similar to PVC closet doors, and the price of these doors is about $95 to $98.
Trackless Sliding Closet Doors:
- The trackless sliding door is also well known as the hanging closet door. The name of this closet door is trackless, but still, those have tracks.
- The trackless sliding door is easy to clean, and this has upper tracks & inward wheels.
- The cost of this type of door is a little bit higher because the installation charges are very much high.
Acrylic Sliding Closet Door:
- The acrylic sliding closet door is a modern type of door.
- The cost of this type of door is near about 1500 rupees.
- It provides a classy and elegant look to the room.
- Different styles are available for acrylic closet doors.