Introduction of Construction Certifications
Certification can be a huge addition to a construction worker’s resume, as it tells an employer that you’re serious about keeping your qualifications and experience updated.
Beyond the possible career development opportunities, certifications are needed in certain cases. Both state and national building codes, as well as project developers, now need certified workers on job sites.
Certifications in the building sector favour those concerned: It elevates the individual’s best practices as well as the contractor’s brand and the consistency of services rendered.
Construction certifications are required because they demonstrate a high degree of expertise and expertise in the construction sector.
Construction Certifications That Will Enhance Your Career
The list of Construction Certifications are as follows.
- Construction Management Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- American Institution of Constructors (AIC)
- USGCB (U.S Green Building Council)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
- National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
Also, Read: Top 10 Tiles Companies in India 2021
1. Construction Management Certification Institute (CMCI)
The Certified Construction Manager (CCM) is indeed a “gold standard of staffing certification for the construction management profession,” as per the Construction Management Association of America.
A construction manager certification distinguishes it from other construction managers since it demonstrates expertise and abilities.
CCM honours construction management practitioners who have reached the specified standard for construction management certification, which includes experience in that field, advanced qualifications, and understanding of the CMAA (Construction Management of America).
CCMs offer technical services that use effective and reliable management approaches to prepare, design, and construct a project from start to finish. They also track and manage a project’s cost, efficiency, and timeline.
This award is a mark of professional achievement; CCM lets customers and managers understand that you are among the building company’s experts.
The CMCI Board of Governors (BoG) is made up of construction management experts and is independent of the CMAA.
Also, Read: Top 10 Construction Companies in India
2. Bachelor’s Degree
A Bachelor’s Degree is the standard entry-level diploma, as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
3. American Institution of Constructors (AIC)
There are two tiers of qualification for the AIC’s Constructor Certification Program:
- Associate Constructor (AC).
- Certified Professional Constructor (CPC).
3.1. Associate Constructor (AC):
This is the initial standard of AIC approval. One such level is suitable for new graduates of a four-year Construction Management graduate programme, as well as those moving from another field. Associate Constructors are those who have extensive knowledge and experience with building management.
ACs are valuable since they add integrity and agree to follow the AIC Code of Ethics, ensuring that they are both competent and responsible members of the industry.
The AC review consists of 300 numerous choices that are administered in two 4-hour shifts on the same day. The exam is given twice a year, throughout the spring and fall, from over 60 places around the world.
3.2. Certified Professional Contractor (CPC):
It is the AIC qualification program’s second and highest standard. The CPC is suitable for those with many years of project experience as well as those looking to advance their careers. CPCs have a validated seasoned person who is informed about project productivity and the usefulness of a project.
Certified Professional Contractors, including ACs, follow the AIC code of ethics. In the spring of 2016, the CPC moved to an online Computer Based Test. This qualification exam is given twice a year over a two-week cycle at hundreds of training locations.
Also, Read: Top 15+ Best Plywood Brands in India
4. USGCB (U.S Green Building Council)
LEED seems to be the most commonly utilized green building ranking system in the world. It is suitable for all kinds of building projects and is internationally recognized as a sign of sustainability.
LEED certification offers a framework for developing highly functional and cost-effective green buildings. Along with their effect on homes, these certifications are very valuable. Buildings use energy, which produces waste and are costly to maintain.
LEEDs green buildings are indeed the practice of planning, designing, and running buildings in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce life cycle costs.
- Maximize occupant wellbeing and efficiency
- Make use of less resources.
- Reduce pollution and the harmful environmental effects.
5. Project Management Institute (PMI)
The Project Management Institute (PMI) provides eight construction certifications, but the Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is the most appropriate for seasoned construction project managers.
Doing a PMP has substantial benefits in terms of income and profit opportunities. According to the Earning Power Wage study findings, people with a PMP credential get a higher salary (20% higher on average) than those without a PMP certification.
PMP demonstrates that one understands and speaks the global vocabulary of project management. Finally, the PMP is advantageous because it connects you with specialists, organizations, and practitioners all around the globe.
Also, Read: Top 10 PVC Pipe Manufacturers in India
6. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
The Outreach Training Program offers occupational safety education to employees in order to educate them about workplace risks and their rights.
Since Outreach instruction does not meet the requirements for the particular position, employers are obligated to provide extra training for their employees on specific dangers of their job, as required by OSHA standards.
The Outreach Training Program is intended for employers because it teaches them how to stop, deter, recognize, and reduce occupational risks, rather than OSHA norms.
This software also provides an outline of OSHA content, including worker rights, employer obligations, and how to file a complaint.
There are two options available: a 10-hour training program and a 30-hour training program. Both provide a description of the hazards that a worker can encounter on the job.
- 10-Hour shifts are designed for entry-level employees.
- 30-Hour: Designed for employees who need a higher level of preparation and safety obligation.
Also, Read: Top 10 Construction Companies in the USA
7. National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
NASP is a technical credential that covers the complexities of becoming a safety professional and moves beyond OSHA expectations and qualifications.
Furthermore, the NASP has four services to provide participants with the information and strategies they need to reduce job-related accidents and focus on the worker dynamic on the job site.
7.1. Certified Safety Manager (CSM) :
- Persons with this credential will work with little to no oversight when overseeing protection systems, processes, and regulations about any popular enterprise.
- Attendees throughout this program will gain knowledge of the following topics: How to prevent civil/criminal responsibility, interpret rules, boost staff morale, including, more significantly, reduce occupational accidents.
7.2. Certified Safety Manager Construction (CSMC):
- The CSMC is comparable to the CSM, but somehow it differs in that it is a construction credential that supervises various contractors, offers competent training, and implements necessary plans and services for the construction sector.
7.3. CSD (Certified Safety Director):
- A CSD-certified professional is able to create and managing a robust corporate or facility-wide protection policy. This credential is “stand-alone,” but NASP has a process design process; each level completed brings you one inch ahead to a higher level.
7.4. Licensed Safety Professional (LSP):
- This has been the most coveted certification offered by the NASP because it demonstrates the highest degree of aptitude. Individuals that have LSP have clout over top managers and legislators.
Also, Read: Top 10 Construction Companies in UAE
8. National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER)
There are around 70 art fields to pick from in NCCER certifications, ranging from entry-level to high-level qualifications. The National Craft Assessment and Certification Program (NCACP) and the Pipeline Training and Assessment Program are also part of NCCER.
Alternative fuels, boiler manufacturing, concrete finishing, building technology, electrical, and so on are examples of art and title certifications.
9. National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
Civil engineering, as well as electrical and mechanical process engineering, are covered by NICET certifications.
More employers and municipal councils are now relying on NICET qualification to assess the productivity and performance of their workforce/job location.
NICET offers two types of credential programs:
9.1. Technician Certification Program:
- Civil engineering technology; testing of construction materials and transportation Inspection of the construction site.
- Electrical and mechanical systems engineering programs include electrical power, fire control, and security systems.
9.2. Technologist Certification Program:
- Technologist Certification needs a 4-year engineering technology degree.
Also, Read: Top 10 Bathroom Fittings & Sanitary Brands India
10. National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
The NACE International Institute (NII) is well-known for its world-class certification services. They manage 23 licensing schemes covering a wide range of approaches and procedures. Many that work with NII are part of a network of trustworthy accredited experts who help to protect people and the world from uncontrollable corrosion acts.
Furthermore, the trained candidate is licensed and motivated to complete the job correctly and on schedule. The NII systems match them with industry norms and best practices, elevating them to a position of prominence within the corrosion industry.
Also, Read: Top 20 AAC Block Company in India