IS 1200 1972 Part 7 Hardware
Scope of Work (IS 1200 Part 7, Page no.- 4, Cl 1.1)
This standard (Part VII) coven the method of measurement of hardware in buildings and civil -engineering works.
Limits of Mesurmants (IS 1200 Part 7, Page no.- 4, Cl 2.2)
The dimensions shall be measured net in the decimal system nearest to 0.01 m.
Bills of Quantities (IS 1200 Part 7, Page no.- 4, Cl 2.3)
The bills of quantities shall fully describe the materials and workmanship and accurately represent the work to be executed.
Also, read: IS Code for Civil Engineer [Q & A]
Measurement of Hardware (IS 1200 Part 7, Page no.- 5, Table 1)
|Sr. No.||Name of Material||How to Measured|
|1||Bolts||The length of faceplate in flush bolts|
|The length of shoots (bolt) in order blots|
|2||Hinges||The length of the joint or knuckle of butt hinges|
|The width between flanges and also the height of parliament hinges|
|The length of the leaf ( that is, from the joint or knuckle to the point), in case of tee and satrap hinges|
|The Length of the spring cylinder for regulating spring of butt hinges|
|The length of joint in case of back flap hinges|
|3||Latches (Suffolk or Norfolk)||The dimensions of the plate (having the bow handle) and the size number|
|4||Latches, rim (Night)||The horizontal Length of face across the body excluding the box staple or striking plate|
|Locks, cabinet or cup board|
|5||Locks furniture||The maximum diameter of the knob|
|6||Claus belaying||Straight distance between two ends of cleat|
|7||Catches spring (for fan-light)||The flat overall size in elevation of the plate-with spring catch excluding the striking plate|
|8||Fasteners, Cockspur||The length or handle from the center of pivot or hinged joint|
|9||Fasteners and stays||Extreme length including the thickness of backplate|
|10||Pivots and sockets||The dimensions of each plate.|
|11||Stays, quadrant (for fan-light)||The shortest straight length between the extreme end of the quadrant stay|
|12||Brackets for shelving||The extreme with and height|
|13||Door handle||Grip length|
|14||Hat pegs||Extreme length including thickness of backplate|
|15||Hat and coat hooks||Measured diagonally from extreme top of fixing plate to the extreme top of knob|
|16||Screw hooks desert or cup pattern||Straight length excluding the screwed end|
|17||Cabin or casement hook with two eyes on plate||The straight length between center of two eyes when fixed|
|18||Wire hooks with two screwed eyes||The overall length of the hook excluding the screwed eye. The diameter of the wire shall be stated|
|19||Knob||The maximum diameter of the knob|
|20||Hasp and staples:|
|Wire Type||The overall length of hasp including the hinged plate|
|Plate Type||The length measured from the center of the hinged to the end of the hasp excluding the hinged plate|
|21||Strips rat tail including friction plate||Length measured from the center of the spindle to the center of the roller|
|22||Springs, Patent helical|
|23||Screwed eyes||The overall length of the screwed eye and diameter of wire shall be stated.|
|24||Door closer (hydraulically regulated)||The weight and the width of the door to which it is intended to be fitted shall be stated|
|25||Finger Plate||The length, width, and thickens of the plates|
|26||Sliding Door bolt (AL drop)||Length of the plate|
|27||Floor door stopper with a plate||Length of the bolt|
|28||Hooks and eyes||Length of the hook measured out to out|
IS 1200 1993 Part 8- Steelwork and Iron Work
Booking of Dimensions (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 1, Cl 3.2)
First booking dimensions, an order shall be consistent and generally in a sequence of length, width, and height or depth or thickness.
Also, read: Is 1200 Important Point Part-1
Dimensions (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 1, Cl 3.5)
Cross-sections and thicknesses shall be taken from relevant Indian Standards. Length and breadth shall be measured to the nearest 0·001 m except for reinforcement which shall be measured to the nearest 0.005 m, (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 1, Cl 3.5.1)
Areas shall be worked out to the nearest 0.001 m3 (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 1, Cl 3.5.2)
Measured Steel Work (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 4.0)
Various items of steelwork shall be classified and measured separately under the following categories.
• Rolled sections (joist, channel, angle or tee) fixed independently without connecting plates;
• Rolled sections fixed with a connecting plate or angle cleats as in main and cross-beams, hip and jack rafters, purlins connected to common rafters, and the like.
• Rolled joists, with or without stiffeners in grillages ( the weight of stiffeners shall be added to the mass of joists )
• Compound girders.
• Plate girders (stating type and overall height of girder ).
• Lattice girders, aerial masts, tank staging, and like ( stating details of members and overall height of structure )
• Single stanchions composed of rolled joists or channels with caps, bases, splices, angle brackets, etc;
• Compound stanchions with caps, bases, splices, angle brackets, etc.
• Trusses and trussed purlins ( stating spans and overall heights ).
• Framing of cladding and glazing.
• Crane gantry rails including fastenings.
• Staircases including stringers, treads, landings, handrails, etc.
• Plates ( plain or chequered ), square-cut or notched, holed ( ordinary or countersunk) without any attachments.
• Plates of classification (p) above with riveted, bolted, or welded attachments.
• Running rails and girders for sliding doors.
• Platework with or without stiffeners for:
Bunkers, chutes, chimneys including ladders, tanks with or without covers including stays but excluding stagings, gutters and downpipes, and, furnace shell
• Anchor bolts, holding down bolts including all fittings and sag rods.
• Framed work, such as grills, gratings, framed guard bars, ladders, walkways, railings, brackets, and similar work.
• Straps, hooks, clamps, holdfasts, wall ties, insets, knee pieces, and similar works
• Ornamental work as in grills, balustrades, and curved, ramped, and scroll portion of cores for handrails; and
• Steelwork for:
• Hydraulic gates, and
Measured Steel Unit
The steelwork shall be measured by mass except otherwise mentioned (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 4.2)
Also, read: IS 456 Most Important Point Part- 1
Measured for Tubular Structures Steel Unit
The tubular structures shall be described and measured by weight. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 5)
Measured for Cables / Guy Wires Steel Unit
The cables and guy wires shall be described and measured in running meter stating the diameter or by weight. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 6)
Pipes for Flues (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 8)
Flue pipes of steel sheeting shall be measured overall in funning meters and described as including all short lengths, cutting, and waste. The method of jointing and fixing shall be described. Supports shall be measured separately, (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 2, Cl 8.1)
The diameter of pipes, the thickness of sheeting, and whether black or galvanized shall be stated. In the case of galvanized steel pipes, class of galvanization [see IS 1239 ( Part 1): 1979] shall also be stated. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 8.2)
Bends, elbows, cowls, tapered pipe to fit outlets of ranges and roof plates with sleeve shall be enumerated,’ and measured as extra over (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 8.3)
How to Measured M.S. Ductwork
The duct metal work shall be described and measured in square meters on the basis of surface area. Support shall be measured separately. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 9)
Expanded Metal Work and Weld Meshwork
Expanded metalwork and weld meshwork shall be described including laps, meshes, weight, strands, and method of fixing and measured in square meters.
Open ings exceeding 0.2 m. shall be deducted. Raking or circular cutting and waste shall be included in the description. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 10)
• Reinforcement bars shall be measured in running meters and their mass calculated as is 1200 part 8 per 3.7.1.
The item of work shall include removal of surface rust, straightening, cutting to lengths, hooked ends, cranking, or bending ( straight or spiral).
Authorized overlaps, chairs/separators shall be measured. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.1)
• When welding of joints is authorized the same shall be described joints, butt welded shall be measured in numbers, and lap weld shall be measured in running meters of the length welded. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.1.1)
• Fabric reinforcement shall be described ( including meshes and strands) and measured in square meters. Authorized laps shall be measured (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.2.)
• Wire netting used as encashment shall be described (including meshes and wires) and shall be measured in square meters. Authorized laps shall be measured. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.2.1)
• Binding wire for reinforcement shall not be measured, but shall be included in the description -of item. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.3)
• Hoop iron shall be fully described and measured in running meters, (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 11.4)
Other Most Important work
• Bolts including nuts and washers other than those covered in 4.1 (t) shall be described and measured by mass in kilograms. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.1)
• Plain or barbed wire fencing shall be fully described and each line or wire shall be measured in running meters. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.2)
• Patent plain wire. fencing shall be fully described and measured in square meters. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.3)
• Wire mattresses, nets shall be fully described including the method of tying and measured in square meters. Authorized laps shall be measured. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.4)
• Collapsible gates shall be described and measured in square meters as fixed stating size of gate opening, pickets, pivoted flat bars, and size of meshes formed by them when fully extended. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.5)
• Top and bottom runners, pulleys, locking lugs, and handles shall be described and included with the item.
The description shall also include erection in position and securing runners with holdfasts and brackets. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.5.1)
• Steel rolling shutter/ grills shall be described and measured in square meters. The width shall be measured as the outer distance between the backs of the two guide channels of the rolling shutters and the height shall be the distance between the still and the center of the hood cover. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.6)
• A description shall include spring winding mechanism operated mechanically or manually, jamb guides, bottom rail, locking, and door operating arrangements. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.6.2)
• Unless otherwise stated, steel doors, windows, ventilators, and glazing frames shall be measured in square meters as a fixed stating type given in relevant Indian Standard. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.7)
Gates for Compound Wall and Railing
• Gates shall be described and enumerated or measured in square meters hangings, guide rails, and fastenings shall be described and included with the item. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.8)
• Louvers shall be described and measured in square meters on basis of opening covered (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.9)
• Site perforated pipes shall be described and measured by mass in a kilogram. Deductions for perforations / slots shall, however, be made if its area exceeds O.02 m (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.10)
• The manufactured perforated pipe shall, however, be described and measured in running meters. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 12.10.1)
• Cast iron flue (or smoke) pipes shall be measured overall in running meters and described as including all short lengths, cutting, and waste. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 13.1)
• The method of jointing and fixing shall be described, and diameter (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 13.1.1)
• Bends, inspection doors, and cowls shall be enumerated and measured as extra over. (IS 1200 Part 8, Page no.- 3, Cl 13.1.1)