How to Fix Damaged Roof Shingles?
There are have many steps for the fix to damaged roof shingles that’s are below-
- At first, we have to slip the pry under the damaged shingle, after that the roofing nail pressed down to pop out.
- Nex,t the new shingle slides up into place, and with the shingles of either side keep to align.
- At last, lift carefully the upper shingle and with roofing nails secure the new shingle.
- In this above way, we can fix damaged roof shingles.
How Often Should You Replace Your Roof Shingles?
- When we see any sign of damage in our roof, we have to take immediate action for seeping water under the shingles.
- If you ignore it then the problem grows more and permanently damages your roof shingles.
- When your roof is becoming more than 20 years old and the shingles of the roof most are damaged then you have to replace it immediately.
- The most important thing is if the roof is basically sound and relatively shallow then it helps to work comfortably.
- On below have some common steps, for replacing your roof shingles.
Replacing Roof Shingles
- We should be replacing the whole thing when a part of the singles is missing. At first, you have to see that there have any shingles left when you work before if there don’t have left any single piece of shingle then you have to buy it from the market.
- The price varies between $15 to 20 per square, after buying the shingle for replacing the damaged one you have to require a hammer or other things like a handful of 11/4-in, a flat pry bar, roofing nails, or utility knife.
- By the four nails originally, each shingle is secured and above its shingle course is installed.
- Of the nail when we remove the first row under the shingle by sliding the pry bar and immediately above the damaged one from the sealer strip by gently lifting it.
- At first, we have to slip the pry under the damaged shingle, after that the roofing nail is pressed down to pop out up to ¼ in.
- After doing this repeat this procedure for the rest three nails and push the pry bar directly under the shingles above the damaged part and the same way remove the second row of the nail.
- In this way, we should pull out all nails and the damaged shingles.
By following the above instructions you can easily replace your roof shingles.
Cost to Replace Roof Shingles
On average, most homeowners pay between $8,000 and $9,000 to install new shingles, with low costs in the $5,000s and high costs pushing into the $12,000s and higher. These costs are for asphalt shingles, the most economical shingle you can buy. Composite, wood, clay or metal shingles may cost several times more but can add a unique look to your home.
|Cost to Replace Roof Shingles|
|Average Cost||$ 8500.00|
|Highest Cost||$ 12000.00|
|Lowest Cost||$ 5500.00|