What Is Tiles?
Tile is an artificial flooring material which is used as a substitute material of marble or white cementing. Tile manufacturing is a totally machine process and production is made from factory.
Tile is a covering material which is done after cement flooring. In modern days, tile is very much popular because it increases the internal beauty of your room and it is very much economical & the labour cost is also low.
Purpose of Tile Flooring in House
There are have many purposes of tile flooring in house, that is below.
- The main purpose of using tile flooring in house is, the tile flooring is most effective against wear and tear, and it also is an impact-resistant material.
- The other purpose of tile flooring is, it is a very strong material and likely it was cracked. In a simple word we can say the tile is a very strong and durable material.
- The purpose of tile flooring in houses is, the tile has very low maintenance compared to other floor materials. You only maintain your tile floor every 4 to 5 years with only applying the sealant on your tiles to keep it in perfect shape.
- Another purpose of uses of tile flooring in houses is, the uses of tile flooring make the structure cost-effective. There are many types of tiles, but which make the floor cost-effective is ceramic tile.
- Water-resistance is another purpose for which it is used in the floor. The ceramic tiles have a glazed protective layer that makes it water-resistant and prevents the penetration of water in the ceramic tiles.
- Another purpose of tile flooring in houses is, the ceramic tiles are natural humidity resistant and also good for all weather conditions in hot or moist conditions.
- The ceramic tiles are made of raw materials like sand glass and clay, that make it eco-friendly. These ceramic tiles keep your house warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Another purpose of tile flooring in houses is, on the market if you are going to put your house, then a long time for a floor the use of tiles makes it profitable.
Standard Size of Flooring Tiles
There are have many types of tiles are available in the market that is listed below.
- Ceramic tiles.
- Vitrified tiles.
- Cement tiles.
- Porcelain tiles.
- Glass, quartz, and stone tiles.
But the standard size for the flooring is 12 inches x 12 inches, 18 inches x 18 inches, and also available in 12 inches x 24 inches. The uses of size of the tiles depend on the room size and utility.
How Many Tiles Do I Need?
There are generally five steps are followed by the tile worker, which are in the following.
- At first we need to measure the one side of the length of the selected room. If the tile work is done at the wall then you need to measure the length of the wall and height of the wall.
- In the next step, you need to measure the another side of the room or if it is done to a wall project then you need to repeat the same process like previous one.
- After that we need to measure the whole area of the room. After doing multiplying application, we can easily get the total area of the room. Like, the room length is 10 feet and the breadth is 12 feet, so the total area of the room is 120 square feet.
- Next, you need to convert the whole square feet calculation into amount of tiles. Actually tiles are available and comes with boxes, so you need to buy a total box. For example- if the total square feet of a tile box is 12 square feet then you need to buy (120/12) = 10 number of tile boxes.
- But make sure that you must buy some extra amount of tiles because some tiles are destroyed, cut or wasted. So, add 10% of tile quantity of total ground coverage and finally the total amount of tile needs (0.1 x 120) = 12 => 120 + 12 = 132 square feet. You need to order 132 square feet tiles from the shop.
How to Calculate Skirting Tiles?
- There is a simple way to calculate the skirting tiles is, just we have to divide the length of the selected tiles to the running meter length of the room.
- An example if there is a skirting tile size is 40 cm x 10 cm. In the above size of tile .40 m length and the .10 m height of the tile. Number of skirting tiles= 40 / 0.40 = 100 nos.