Types of Roof Tiles
There are various types of tiles that are available in the market. There are mainly twelve types of tiles are available, those are
- Slate Roof Tile
- Metal Roof Tile
- Concrete Roof Tile
- Composite Roof Tile
- Solar Roof Tile
- Clay Roof Tile
- Synthetic Spanish Barrel Roof Tile
- Synthetic Slate Roof Tile
- Synthetic Cedar Roof Tiles
- Ceramic Tile
- Porcelain Tile
- Glass Tile
#1. Slate Roof Tile
#2. Metal Roof Tile
Metal roof tile is another type of roof tile. This type of tiles is mainly made of aluminium, zinc, copper, steel, etc.
This type of tile is very lightweight and easy to install, so it’s economical, but some of the disadvantages of metal roof tile are-
- Metals are very noisy
- Repair of metal is not very easy
- It does not heat resistive material
- Rust is the huge problem of metal
#3. Concrete Roof Tile
Among all different types of tiles, Concrete Roof tiles are the least expensive material. This type of tile is very heavy, so it requires the required structures to carry the heavy loads of the concrete roof tile.
#4. Composite Roof Tile
Composite roof tile is made of half natural material and half human-made material. These tiles are very lightweight, and the company gives you warranties & it doesn’t require so many skilled labours.
#5. Solar Roof Tile
This type of tile is very effective to use. It can produce the electricity for your whole house, and it’s also eco friendly, but the main disadvantage of this tile is the initial cost of that type of tile is too high.
#6. Clay Roof Tile
Clay roof tile is one of the most popular and ancient product. This type of tile is heavy due to its clay load, so it requires extra support, and there is a lot of chances in breaking this tile.
#7. Synthetic Spanish Barrel Roof Tile
#8. Synthetic Slate Roof Tile
This type of tile is not good in the winter season; it may be freeze and break. It’s a composite material and eco friendly also.
#9. Synthetic Cedar Roof Tiles
These tiles are lightweight and free from the crack, warp, rot, fungal attack etc.
#10. Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is one of the most common types of tile. The main purpose where these types of tiles are used that is in the residential building.
Ceramic tiles are easy to install and easy to clear; these tiles are also available in different textures. The budget of this type of tiles is not so much higher that’s why it’s an economical product.
#11. Porcelain Tile
Porcelain tile is another type of commonly used tile. It’s used primarily in outdoors & it’s highly resistive against the freeze, crack or fade.
#12. Glass Tile
Tile Roof Replacement
There are so many types of replacement or repair techniques are available in the marketplace. Some of them are-
- Shingles Repair or Replacement
- Concrete Roof Tile Repair
- Clay Roof Tile Repair
#1. Shingles Repair or Replacement
- This type of roofs is required to repair in leakage, crack or curling shingles.
- It required skilled and experienced labours along with contractors.
- It’s an expensive repair technique because it requires more skilful labour.
#2. Concrete Roof Tile Repair
- Naturally, concrete roof tiles don’t require any types of repair because it’s a long-lasting and durable product.
- If there is a damage in a concrete tile, then it doesn’t require to repair the whole roof, you can just repair that damaged tiles.
- It also requires skilled labours.
#3. Clay Roof Tile Repair
- Clay tile is eco-friendly, and sometimes it lasts for many years, but this type of tile is very much breaking probability.
- If there is a small crack in the tile, then you can brush up with the brush on that portion and apply a cement-based sealing solution to repair it.
- If there is massive damage in the tile, then you need to replace that tile.
- This repair or replacement technique is economical.
Tile Installation Cost
- Tile installation cost is a little bit higher than the other.
- Roof tile cost in India is near about between nine thousand to eighteenth thousand per hundred square feet.
- The cost of concrete tile is less where the cost of clay tiles is higher.
- In cement tiles, there are other costs for reinforcement purpose.
- In additional cost of near about ten to twenty thousand for labour purpose.
Cost to Install Ceramic Tile
- The main cost of materials for tile fixing is near about thirty to forty rupees per square foot.
- There is a labour cost for installing, the cost of this is thirty-five to forty per square foot.
- For installing tile, it requires powdered tile-grout, the cost of that product is near about eighty rupees per square foot.
- The cost of miscellaneous expenses is fifteen to twenty-five rupees per square foot.
Roofing Tile Price
The cost of roof tile depends upon the material price, availability, demand, etc. Here is the chart of the roof tile price-
Roof Tile Type
Cost Per Sq. Feet
Costs Per Square
|Solar Roof Tiles|
Ceramic Tile Price Per Square Foot
- There are various types of tiles that are available in the market, but ceramic tiles are one of the most popular titles which are used widely.
- Price of ceramic tiles are not the same, some of them are cheap, and some of them are a little bit expensive.
- The price of low budget ceramic tiles are near about 32 rupees per square foot, and the average price tiles are 183-220 rupees per square foot.
- The installation cost of ceramic tiles is near about 120-150 rupees per square foot. The installation cost depends on labour availability, skills of labours, labour required per work, etc.
Tile Installation Factors
There are several factors which are affecting the tile installation. Tile installation factors mainly depend on the materials. Those factors are-
- Grading and Brand
- Sales tax, shipping and delivery charges
- Type of the tile or grade of the tile
- Additional materials for installation and supply
- Installation charges