Types of Roof Tiles
There are various types of roof tiles that are available in the market. There are mainly twelve types of roof tiles are available, those are
- Slate Roof Tile
- Metal Roof Tile
- Concrete Roof Tile
- Composite Roof Tile
- Solar Roof Tile
- Clay Roof Tile
- Synthetic Spanish Barrel Roof Tile
- Synthetic Slate Roof Tile
- Synthetic Cedar Roof Tiles
- Ceramic Tile
- Porcelain Tile
- Glass Tile
1. Slate Roof Tile
Slate roof tile is made from natural stone; it provides different and unique colors.
This type of roof tile is excellent in fire-resistant. Slate roof tile is very durable & long-lasting.
These tiles are extremely heavy, so you need to construct a reinforced cement structure for support.
It’s a very costly construction, and it requires more skillful labors.
2. Metal Roof Tile
Metal roof tile is another type of roof tile. This type of roof tile is mainly made of aluminium, zinc, copper, steel, etc.
This type of roof tile is very lightweight and easy to install, so it’s economical, but some of the disadvantages of metal roof tile are-
- Metals are very noisy
- Repair of metal is not very easy
- It does not heat resistive material
- Rust is the huge problem of metal
3. Concrete Roof Tile
Among all different types of tiles, Concrete Roof tiles are the least expensive material.
4. Composite Roof Tile
Composite roof tile is made of half natural material and half human-made material.
These tiles are very lightweight, and the company gives you warranties & it doesn’t require so many skilled labours.
5. Solar Roof Tile
This type of roof tile is very effective to use.
It can produce the electricity for your whole house, and it’s also eco friendly, but the main disadvantage of this tile is the initial cost of that type of roof tile is too high.
6. Clay Roof Tile
Clay roof tile is one of the most popular and ancient product.
This type of roof tile is heavy due to its clay load, so it requires extra support, and there is a lot of chances in breaking this tile.
7. Synthetic Spanish Barrel Roof Tile
This type of roof tiles is mainly observed in a Spanish villa last time.
This type of roof tile is lightweight, fire-resistant and recyclable also.
There are many varieties of colours in this section.
8. Synthetic Slate Roof Tile
This type of roof tile is not good in the winter season; it may be freeze and break.
It’s a composite material and eco friendly also.
9. Synthetic Cedar Roof Tiles
These tiles are lightweight and free from the crack, warp, rot, fungal attack etc.
10. Ceramic Tile
Ceramic tile is one of the most common types of tile. The main purpose where these types of tiles are used that is in the residential building.
Ceramic tiles are easy to install and easy to clear; these tiles are also available in different textures.
The budget of this type of roof tiles is not so much higher that’s why it’s an economical product.
11. Porcelain Tile
Porcelain tile is another type of commonly used tile. It’s used primarily in outdoors & it’s highly resistive against the freeze, crack or fade.
The main disadvantage of this type of roof tile is it requires more skillful than others, so it’s costly.
12. Glass Tile
Glass tile is an excellent substitute for natural stone tile.
Glass tile is mainly used for decorative purpose, but it’s quite uneconomical.
This is mainly used in bathroom, kitchen, etc.
Useful Article For You
- Types of Grillage Foundation
- Types of Doors
- Types of Hinges
- Types of Columns
- Types of Cranes
- Types of Shovels
- Paint Types
- Roof Material Types
- Types of Buildings
- Types of Construction Vehicles
- Types of Concrete
- Types of Tables
- Roof Vent Types
- Types of Sand
- Types of Walls
- Type Cement
- Types of Washers
- Types of Kitchen Sinks
- Types of Scaffolding
- Meaning Types of Road Markings
- Types of Plumbing Pipes
- Types of Retaining Walls
- Types of Pavers
- Types of Driveways
- Types of Paint Brushes
- Types of Floors
- Rcc Cost Calculator
- Types of Curves
- Closet Door Types
- Types of House Foundations
- Concrete Finish Types
- Water Valve Types
- Paint Types for Walls
- Different Types of Couches
- Types of Stucco
- Types of Curtains for Windows
- Types of Joints in Construction
- Types of Beams
- Types of Stairs
- Types of Hard Hats
- Types of Grout
- Types of Porches
- Types of Bay Windows
- Types of Traps
- Types of Concrete Blocks
- Types of Vaulted Ceilings
- Types of Corrosion
- Types of Plumbing Fittings
- Types of Sewer Pipe
- Pile Foundation Cost Calculator
Tile Roof Replacement
There are so many types of replacement or repair techniques are available in the marketplace. Some of them are-
- Shingles Repair or Replacement
- Concrete Roof Tile Repair
- Clay Roof Tile Repair
1. Shingles Repair or Replacement
It required skilled and experienced labours along with contractors.
It’s an expensive repair technique because it requires more skilful labour.
2. Concrete Roof Tile Repair
Naturally, concrete roof tiles don’t require any types of repair because it’s a long-lasting and durable product.
If there is a damage in a concrete tile, then it doesn’t require to repair the whole roof, you can just repair that damaged tiles.
It also requires skilled labours.
3. Clay Roof Tile Repair
Clay tile is eco-friendly, and sometimes it lasts for many years, but this type of roof tile is very much breaking probability.
If there is a small crack in the tile, then you can brush up with the brush on that portion and apply a cement-based sealing solution to repair it.
If there is massive damage in the tile, then you need to replace that tile.
This repair or replacement technique is economical.
Useful Article for You
- House Construction Cost Calculator Excel
- Cost of Concrete Slab
- Flood Cut Drywall Repair Cost
- Septic Pump Replacement Cost
- Cost of Concrete Per Yard
- Foundation Repair Cost
- Concrete Cost Calculator
- Drywall Cost
- Concrete Slab Cost Calculator
- Cinder Block Cost
- Flagstone Patio Cost
- Slab Leak Repair Cost
- Corian Countertops Cost
- Driveway Resurfacing Cost
- How Much Does an Island Cost
- Wood Fence Labor Cost Calculator
- Tpo Roofing Cost
- Cost to Build a Garage Calculator
- Cost of Concrete Per Cubic Yard
- Repair Driveway Cost
- Epoxy Flooring Cost Calculator
- How Much Does It Cost to Mount a TV
- How Much Does It Cost to Soundproof a Room
- Excavation Cost Calculator
- Estimate Construction Costs
- Tuck Pointing Cost
- Cinder Block Wall Cost
- Helical Piles Cost
- Laminate Vs Vinyl Flooring Cost
- Pool House Cost
- Concrete Overlay Costs
- Cost to Paint Brick House
- Marble Cost Per Square Foot
- Shower Pan Installation Cost
Tile Installation Cost
- Tile installation cost is a little bit higher than the other.
- Roof tile cost in India is near about between nine thousand to eighteenth thousand per hundred square feet.
- The cost of concrete tile is less whereas the cost of clay tiles is higher.
- In cement tiles, there are other costs for reinforcement purposes.
- In additional cost of near about ten to twenty thousand for labor purposes.
Cost to Install Ceramic Tile
- The main cost of materials for tile fixing is near about thirty to forty rupees per square foot.
- There is a labor cost for installation, the cost of this is thirty-five to forty per square foot.
- For installing tile, it requires powdered tile grout, the cost of that product is near about eighty rupees per square foot.
- The cost of miscellaneous expenses is fifteen to twenty-five rupees per square foot.
Roofing Tile Price
The cost of roof tile depends upon the material price, availability, demand, etc. Here is the chart of the roof tile price-
Roof Tile Type
Cost Per Sq. Feet
Costs Per Square
|Solar Roof Tiles||
Ceramic Tile Price Per Square Foot
- There are various types of tiles that are available in the market, but ceramic tiles are one of the most popular titles which are used widely.
- Price of ceramic tiles are not the same, some of them are cheap, and some of them are a little bit expensive.
- The price of low budget ceramic tiles are near about 32 rupees per square foot, and the average price tiles are 183-220 rupees per square foot.
- The installation cost of ceramic tiles is near about 120-150 rupees per square foot. The installation cost depends on labour availability, skills of labours, labour required per work, etc.
Tile Installation Factors
There are several factors which are affecting the tile installation. Tile installation factors mainly depend on the materials. Those factors are-
- Grading and Brand
- Sales tax, shipping and delivery charges
- Type of the tile or grade of the tile
- Additional materials for installation and supply
- Installation charges