Introduction of Vitrified Tiles
- Tiles are one of the most important parts of the interior of the building. Tiles give a smooth and plane surface to the interior of the buildings.
- Tiles enhance the beauty of the floors in the interior of the structure. There are different types of tiles for the house are available in the market as per the requirement.
- Vitrified tiles are one of the most common and popular tiling options widely used in India. Vitrified tiles are available with enhanced qualities.
- Vitrified tile is a non-porous style which is widely used for vitrified flooring for the replacement of marble and Granite flooring.
- In this article, you will get to know all about Vitrified tiles and Types of vitrified tiles, Advantages of vitrified tiles and disadvantages of vitrified tiles.
Also, Read: What Is Flooring | Types of Flooring
What Are Vitrified Tiles?
- Vitrified tiles are the ceramic tiles which have very low porosity and widely used in the outdoor was due to their water and frost resistance property. Vitrified tiles are made by the mixture of silica, clay, quartz and feldspar.
- Vitrified tiles are the mix of silica and clay in the appropriate proportion. The fused material is heated at a high temperature which leads to the unique texture of the vitrified tiles. Vitrified tiles appear Shiny and glass-like surface.
- Vitrified tiles have greater mechanical strength as well as scratch resistance as compared to granite or marble.
- The vitrified tile thickness ranges from 10 mm to 12mm. The vitrified tiles have an absorption rate of 50 %. The installation of vitrified tiles is easy as compared to other types of times and it does not require skilled labour for its installation.
- The maintenance of the Vitrified Tiles is easy because of its shining surface. Vitrified tiles are smooth in surface and give you an aesthetic look in the interior of the buildings.
- Vitrified tiles are more durable as compared to other types of times and have more flexural strength.
- The Vitrified Tiles are available in different sizes but the common size which is mostly used is 2 feet x 2 feet. Vitrified tile thickness ranges from 8 mm to 12 mm.
- The water absorption of vitrified tiles is negligible, that’s why it is suitable for wet areas. Vitrified tiles also have high frost resistance because of its low water absorption.
Advantages of Vitrified Tiles
There are various advantages of vitrified tiles which are as follows
- Vitrified tiles have a consistent design, pattern and texture.
- The installation process of vitrified tile is very easy and simple.
- Vitrified tiles are scratch and stain-resistant.
- Vitrified tiles are manufactured by the process of vitrification due to which it has high strength.
Disadvantages of Vitrified Tiles
- Vitrified tiles are more expensive as compared to the ceramic and porcelain tiles.
- The ages of the vitrified tiles may crack if it is not treated properly.
Different Types of Vitrified Tiles
There are different types of vitrified tiles which are as follows
- Double Charged Vitrified Tiles
- Full Body Vitrified Tiles
- Glazed Vitrified Tiles
#1. Double Charged Vitrified Tiles
- Double charge vitrified tiles are one of the best choices which are widely used for the residential as well as commercial projects.
- Double charged vitrified tiles are manufactured by infusing the two layers of tiles together which makes them thicker than conventional tiles.
- The process of vitrification makes the tile surface stronger and shinier which gives an aesthetic look. Double charge vitrified tiles are durable and scratch-resistant. Double charge vitrified tiles are used in homes corporate places hospitals banks and other associations etc.
- Vitrified tiles are budget-friendly and widely used in the interior of the homes and offices. Double charged vitrified tiles are usually 3 to 4 mm thick in size and made by merging two layers of tiles.
- The double charged vitrified tiles required less maintenance and it prevents the accumulation of dirt and dust on the surface of this style due to which it is very easy to clean.
- Double charge vitrified tiles are suitable for heavy traffic commercial projects.
- The price of double charged vitrified tiles is a little bit more as compared to polish glazed vitrified tiles. The price range of double charged vitrified tiles starts from Rs 50 per square metre.
Advantages of Double Charged Vitrified Tiles
The double charged vitrified tiles advantages are as follows.
- The double charge vitrified tiles are scratch and stain resistance.
- Double charge vitrified tiles are very easy to clean and maintain.
- Double charge vitrified tiles are manufactured with the vitrification process due to which it has very high strength.
- It is extremely durable tiles as compared to other types of tiles
- Double charge vitrified tiles can withstand heavy foot traffic without any wear and tear.
- The installation process of double charge vitrified floor tiles is very easy.
Disadvantage of Double Charge Vitrified Tiles
- One of the disadvantages of double charge vitrified tiles is that it is not available in a variety of complex design patterns.
#2. Full Body Vitrified Tiles
Full body vitrified tiles have a uniform colour which runs throughout the thickness of the vitrified tile. The full body vitrified tile is used for high traffic areas because it has scratch-resistant.
#3. Glazed Vitrified Tiles
Please vitrified tiles are manufactured on the glass the surface which is printed with digital technology.
Glazed vitrified tiles are mainly classified into two types
Soluble Salt Vitrified Tiles
- Soluble salt vitrified tiles are available in the market at cheap price.
- This types of tiles are used to penetrate the surface of the time and give it colour design and pattern.
Nano Polished Soluble Salt Tiles
- This types of tiles are made by adding a layer of liquid silica to the soluble salt vitrified tiles.
- In this process, the microporous are filled in the tile to make the tile look shinier and feels smoother to the surface.
Glazed Vitrified Tiles Price
- The glazed vitrified tile of 6 to 8 mm thickness is Rs 30 per square feet.
- The place vitrified tile price of 8 to 10 mm thickness is Rs 24 per square feet.