How to Raise the Height of a Vinyl Fence?
Vinyl fence extension is one of the critical works but it is not critical too much because there are so many different options and techniques are there.
If your vinyl is heavy too and if you are facing some serious problems related to height extensions then simply replace that vinyl fence.
The major advantage of using a vinyl fence is there is no need to demolish the vinyl fence because it comes with a different number of panels and you just need to reassemble those.
The first step of height extension of a vinyl fence is you need to increase the height of the fence post. Fence posts generally gave support to the panels.
Secondly, new fence panels are needed to install in that place or you can also install those new ones with the existing fences.
The bottom portion of the vinyl fence is made by the factory and the top portion those are changeable according to your choice.
It will definitely produce a great look. Long vinyl fences give more privacy to the user and they will also keep your pets safe.
Extend Your Vinyl Fence’s Height with a Fence Kit
There are so many ways to extend the vinyl fence’s height but the fence kit process is very easy and affordable among all of these.
It is the easiest process and it requires only a few amounts of basic power tools but generally, vinyl panels come with fence supplies and fastening parts.
There are different types of design patterns available but you need to choose the right one otherwise you can not get the desired result.
After buying the vinyl kits, you need to read the installation instructions very carefully because there are some special instructions for a few cases.
Assembling vinyl fences is very easy but if the height of those panels gets larger then it is difficult to handle, that’s why to read those instructions carefully.
There are various colors are available for vinyl fences; so you need to choose the right color for your fences for a good looking.
The color variation is only available for the upper portion of the fences.
The overall size and the color combination of vinyl fences must be looked natural.
Useful Article for You
- What Is a Contour Interval
- What Is Tile
- What Is the Difference Between a Shower Pan and a Shower Base?
- What Is a Window Panel
- What Is a Frame Structure
- What Is the Measurement for a Queen Size Bed
- What Is Considered Livable Space
- What Is One Way You Can Save Electricity?
- What Is Mdf Mean
- What Is a Bundle of Shingles
- What Is a Gallon of Water Weigh
- What Is Overhang
- What Is Sand Blasting
- What Is a Span Bridge
- What Is a Soil Stack
- What Is the Little Black Diamond on a Tape Measure
- What Is a Louvered Door
- What Is a Spread Footing
- What Is Leveling
- What Is Pedestal
- What Is Plumbing Fixtures
- What Is a Highway Flyover
- What Is Transported Soil
- What Is Slab Construction
- What Is Calacatta Quartz
- What Is Hydraulic Cement
- What Is Auxiliary View
- Sheepsfoot Roller
- Live Load Vs Dead Load
- What Is 1 Flight of Stairs
- What Is Refractory Cement
- What Is Isometric Perspective?
- What Is Concept Drawing
- Dry Pack Concrete
- What Is Luminous Flux Vs Lumens
- What Is a Frost Wall
- What Is an Undercoat
- What Is Road Pavement
- What Is a Moment Frame
- Arch Foundation
- What Is Parapet Wall
- What Is a Stair Landing
- What Is Stone Masonry
- What Is a Spandrel Beam
- What Is Portland Cement Used For
- What Is Pier and Beam Foundation
- What Is Levelling
Vinyl Fence Post Extensions
Post extensions of vinyl fences are one of the most effective techniques to raise the vinyl fence. Extensions are generally available individually or in kits and those are available in various shapes, colors, sizes, etc.
The width of vinyl posts is 4’, 5’, and 6’, and post extension kits are also available in different lengths.
Sometimes you need to raise the fence posts 6 inches from the ground but there is no need to trouble because it is very handy and flexible enough.
The one thing that you need to remember is that you can only extend the fence posts but you can not extend your fence panels. After raising the fence posts you need to refill the bottom of those posts.
Here are some steps to raise the fence posts, those are following below-
- Remember that all your fence does not need to be raised, for this reason, count the number of posts that you need to raise. It happens because in most suburban areas the height of the backyard fence posts is higher than the front ones.
- Then install your fences only after gaining the desired length, do not install those at first, as it may create some problems at later times.
- You can install rails for installation help of lattice, fence panels, frames, etc.
These U-shaped channels are generally used outdoors and they are basically made of different materials like vinyl, plastic, metal, etc.
U channels are also used for different purposes like windows, wrap doors, and other house purposes.
This type of channel is very much attached to siding installation. Generally, J-shaped channels are widely used in siding installation.
To resist slipping problems you should use channels that are made of lattice material.
By U channel, we generally build a frame that is wrapped by lattice material. Plastic materials have been used in recent days which is used for storage purposes siding.
You need 4 pieces of U channels for installation and cutting purposes. You need 6 inch fence, 4 numbers of U channels, 2 pieces cut 8 feet and 2 pieces cut 6 feet to raise the section of 8 feet.
Sometimes the U channels are also fixed with glue and screws.
Some Tips On How To Extend The Height Of A Vinyl Fence Using U channels
- First, you need to measure the extended portion of the vinyl fence with U channels. The one thing you need to remember is that you should take some extra lengths for calculation.
- The tools you are using to install the channel, make sure that that tool does not harm the channel. The types of tools vary according to the materials of U channels.
- Then frame the fence sheet with channels after that place the fence between the rails of the vinyl posts.
- After placing those posts then screwed those with channels and provide stable support.
- Then use exterior grade screws with stainless steel.
- You need to give your attention and care to cutting and measuring the operation of U channels because they will carry your entire structure load. If there is some problem in cutting & measurement then it will create some huge problems.
Useful Article for You
- Monolithic Slab
- Zero Force Members
- How Much Does a Yard of Concrete Weigh
- Cmu Wall Meaning
- Gradient Road
- Budget Sunroom Ideas
- What Is Gypsum Board
- Types of Vaulted Ceilings
- Well Points
- How Does Baking Soda Remove Blood from Carpet
- What Are Forms in Construction
- How Heavy Is Dirt
- Tender Meaning in Architecture
- Dark Olive Green House
- Cast in Place Concrete
- Lean to Roof
- How Tall Is an Average Door
- Grade Beam Foundation
- Window Sill Height
- Concrete Cold Joint
- Black Water Grey Water
- Types of Traps
- Types of Pipe
- Wood Supporting Beams
- Finishing Plaster
- Concrete Wall Finishes
- Concrete Bond Breaker
- Home Depot Scrap Wood
- Lvl Beam Size Calculator
- Structural Shell
- Shoring in Construction
- Curb Types
- Tension and Compression
- Bituminous Pavement
- Optimum Dry Meaning
- Disadvantages of Low-E Glass
- Bridge Abutment Definition
- Types of Walls Materials
Vinyl Fence Boards
Vinyl fence boards generally cover the top of the fence boards and they can be cut along with their length.
The fence boards need cutting because the fence panels are not long enough. Customization can be done on this.
You need to build a frame of 6 inches by 8 feet for the fence of size 6 inches which is going to rise 8 feet. After raising the fence posts, the void space is filled with some materials.
The panel section must be built on the ground portion and then installed over the fence.
Azek is another substitute material for this work but it is not recommended by professionals because of its flimsy nature.
Although it is easy to cut into different pieces and very handy and long-lasting materials.
You need to use thicker vinyl boards because they can easily carry the entire load of the structure.
Steel screws are recommended use due to carry heavy loads otherwise the system will collapse.
More Vinyl Fence Rising Options
There are lots of different vinyl fence rising options available, which are discussed in the following-
Trellis is one of the very effective and popular techniques for raising the vinyl fence post. It is made of a wooden framework and climbing plants. The maintenance charges are very minimal for this system.
Trees are another good for fences. If you do not like the style of fences then plant some trees, it will do the same work as vinyl fences. It is more natural and gives privacy to the user.