What Is Sunken Slab (Sunk Slab)?
The sunken slab is one of the familiar and adaptable ways to maintain architectural design in especially the washroom, as well as laundry areas where water drainage systems or pipes installed below the floor or tiles.
This system is accepted to provide an easy way to install sanitary products and built eye-catching views in those areas. Furthermore, all pipe systems remain below the floor.
Hence extra care required while constructing a sunken slab; otherwise, dampness or water leakage may happen in the future.
This kind of construction require well trained or experienced workers to tackle all aspects very well by considering future visions related to the maintenance of those areas.
Why Sunken slab (Sunk Slab) Need For Bathroom?
Sunken seating areas aren’t just for the interior of the home but may be great outdoors.
Sunken slabs are used in the bathrooms, toilets, and washing place where we have our washing machines.
Applications of Sunken Slab (Sunk Slab)
Following are the main applications of a sunken slab
The main area where this slab is adaptable is the washroom or in some unique architectural design where sanitary arrangement takes place.
In some cases where the inverted beam is there during the main slab at that time, this sunken slab is the only way to keep the top surface usable without any obstacles of beam height. This kind of situation may find during staircase landing.
How to built sunken slab (Sunk Slab) or points keep in mind while construction:
The areas where the sunken slab adopted in mostly watery places hence, water drainage systems preferable to make it waterproof.
Use of plasticizer during construction to stay away from dampness problems in the future.
Advantages & Disadvantages Sunken Slab (Sunk Slab) :
All plumbing pipes are concealed inside the slab
Need special plumbing fixtures to reduce noise during usage of bathroom
The decrease in the height of the slab
Slab, waterproofing and brick bat takes more time to construct as compared to Sunken Slab
Like this post? Share it with your friends!
- Definition Efflorescence | Efflorescence in Concrete
- What is Plum Concrete | Application | Mix Design | Methodology
- What Is Honeycomb In Concrete | Cause | Cure | Type of Grouting
- Why Is Polymer Mortar/Concrete | Type of Polymer Mortar/Concrete
- What Is Cover in Concrete | Clear Cover in Beams, Slab, Column, Footing
- What Is Workability of Concrete | Factors Affecting Workability | Test |Errors
- Concrete Mix Ratio | What Is Concrete Mix Ratio | Type of Concrete Mix Ratio
- What Is Rat Trap Bond | How to Use | Advantage & Disadvantage of Rat Trap Bond