The Best Two-Tone Kitchen Cabinets
A kitchen consisting of varieties of color cabinets or island have you anytime in a while seen that type of design? If not then I would say that looks extraordinary and the hot selling trend in market nowadays.
While one thing you must know what color combination would suit your kitchen what type of color combinations are available with due time it would be told here.
The bottom cabinets consisting of deep blue color and the top portion having a creamy color or can be off-white can be a good option.
If blue not preferred, which I sometimes do not then you can go with deep green, dark brown, grey, shiny wood color at the bottom part all types will look just brilliant.
If all things done in proper manner this combination looks stunning.
Due to the use of combined color effect many untouched color designs can be used by you which were never used before it helps in opening up variety of styling ideas. It changes the total look of the kitchen.
It is now a high time people should stop using that regular black colored single-colored style, just if you make your black get combined with a creamy or off-white textured look the look will totally change, it will be a game changer for your kitchen.
From ages it is a trend to provide a matching kitchen cabinet. The bottom portion have an identical color with the kitchen cabinet generally, the design of both the things are also made similar.
If someone has kitchen island you can also improvise its color by not giving same color.
However, two-toned kitchen cabinets will generally cut off that island idea.
The most exciting part about the multi color is the innumerable possibility of color application that gets opened for you.
It was never thought of providing a cream colored cabinet with certain design on it provided with flat facing blackish island along with different hardware parts.
Nowadays these kinds of style are easily done in the kitchen which results a very promising look to the kitchen. This new multi-color trend has made the old similar color idea near to obsolete one.
Useful Article For You
- Kitchen Tiles India
- Pipe Burst in Kitchen
- Kitchen Layout Design
- Types of Kitchen Sinks
- Types of Kitchen Cabinets
- Types of Kitchen Faucets
- Window Seat in Kitchen
- Kitchen Remodel App
- Kitchen Sunroom Ideas
- Kitchen Window Height
- Pool House with Kitchen
- Kitchen Wall Paneling Ideas
- Paint Type for Kitchen Walls
- Rotten Egg Smell in Kitchen
- Free Kitchen Design Advice
- Kitchen Sink Drain Pipe Size
- Calacatta Ultra Quartz Kitchen
- Standard Kitchen Window Size
- Kitchen Sink Material Pros and Cons
- How to Get Rid of Burnt Smell in Kitchen
- Half Wall Between Kitchen and Living Room
- How Much Does Home Depot Charge to Paint Kitchen Cabinets
Tips for Choosing the Best Cabinet Color Combination
Sometimes it becomes very difficult to choose a single color for anything, while now you have to choose two different colors for your kitchen.
Both the chosen color must complement each other as well as go good with the tiles, hardware, floor provided, painting, backsplash, and countertops so you can understand that is not an easy job to be done.
Lots of thinking goes into it. The designer who will do the job you can take his help in choosing as he done many more and has an idea about the combinations.
Some tips are provided here about the multicolor combinations.
1. Balance the Colors to Be Provided
- A sense of balance is to be created while you must choose a two-tone cabinet combo. The color provided must well suited with each other.
- With the increase in number of colors the difficulty increases. You have to decide which color to apply the point of focus, then the other portion can be applied with something dull or neutral types.
- Like if you take example, you can apply a deep forest green color at the bottom with an off-white at the top. The deep green will be your color at the focus region and other parts will be slightly silent types.
- You can also apply any other color in place of green like, royal blue, grey, wooden brown, back everything will work out. While you will not provide anything other than the off-white.
- One bold and one neutral color will also contrast each other.
- Some harmony must be there between the two colors you cannot choose two totally different colors. Like a red island with a blue cabinet. That will be a mess. You can instead vary the tone in same color like skin color with burnt brown color.
- You should try to paint the lower cabinets dark and the upper ones little lighter. If that is done it will make your kitchen look bigger and bright.
- If the reverse is done then it will not look good, and the lighter color will be overshadowed, and your kitchen will also look small.
- A good color combination will change the mood while working in the kitchen and will not be problematic for spending long time.
2. Attention Is to Be Paid to Value
- The value of the colors is also to be considered since selecting the two-tone color is not just about the color you will see. This means how much dull or bright the color will be.
- For any design contrast is a necessity according to the trend. The color at the focus point must be brighter and deep while the other parts to be pale or light.
- It will be easy to provide if your choice is a burnt brown with a whitish cabinet, things will get hard when you will want a minimal difference by providing light green along with light wood combination.
- The objective of value can be understood if some picture is transformed to black and white. Like if you have a combination of color in which both of them have a same tone in them like pale brown and pale caramel combination, if a picture of it is taken then it will not be eye catchy.
- This is the real meaning of value; you must apply one distinctly lighter than the deeper one. With the contrasting your region you will be able to reach a high value.
3. A Focal Point is to be Chosen
- While two colors are to be provided a problem about focus point might arise. So, beforehand you have to choose about the point which is to be made a focus and the point which will be the accent.
- The two-tone kitchen cabinet is sometimes done with an island. Then you should apply a total light for the upper cabinets like off-white, grey, cream or wood for the top cabinets a little deep variant of the same color, and the island totally a different deep color.
- Here, the island will be the focal point and the cabinets an accent.
- This can be done regardless of the style, whether it be Contemporary, Modern, Traditional, Country, Colonial or something else whatever the design may be used.
- The island being at the room’s center, I generally like it to be the focal point. It will be having pendant lighting facility, sitting arrangements and sometimes a sink with other applications. So, island will be a great location to draw someone’s attention and they will come and sit.
- So, it having a deep color is good idea. Kitchen is a functional area while island adds more functionality to it.
- So, one will easily agree there is evert reason for applying deep color to it and others to be dropped back.
- The cabinets must not go unnoticed while they should also not get overpowering. The island being at a forward portion than the other cabinets a deep color will help in allowing a good notice to it.
4. Use the Color Wheel
While it is decided to provide two colors, a color wheel if used then it would be very helpful. It helps in knowing which color combination to be chosen that will work out good together.
A lot of thinking is to be done before the application of two different colors. If that is done then the percentage of error will also reduce.
The choosing of your shade will make huge differences in the look. If someone randomly hears a blue cabinet is to be applied with a green cabinet then he will surely tell to change the mind.
While if perfect shades of both the colors are chosen along with some innovative variations then it will look good. Like a sufficiently pale blue greyish cabinet having little touch of blue paired with dark forest green island might be working well.
While deep royal blue cabinet along with same toned dark green color will not look good. Harmonious color is what that is preferred whenever two color combination comes to play.
5. The Temperature is to be Considered
- The temperature of the color is to be crucially considered.
- If your choice is warm brown then you must go for a warm-colored island in your kitchen. That trend is to be followed along with some golden-colored hardware and lighting.
- Some personally might like warm colors in kitchen some might not. While warm colors feel soothing and welcoming. It is to be made sure that the marbles also have warm greyish veins in them.
- Even the aluminum window color is also to be taken care of.
- For easy work one might choose pure white in any two toned kitchens since it is a neutral one and does not consist variations of temperature. That is what most people think while, that is not true.
- You can provide warm white, in market near around 100 variations of white color is available. Warmer ones are generally recommended.
What Is Limit of Darkness?
This thing is a bit tricky one to provide a limit. It will purely depend on the color to be chosen. It is recommended to provide a light upper cabinet, a little bit deep of same color as the lower cabinets, and a darkened island.
Generally, it is seen that the majority of people like a light and brighter kitchen having some warmer cabinets.
White or warmer cream, lighter wood are always the best ones to be chosen.
Too dark thing is not regrettable for islands, something like black will also look good. You must stick to lighter warm ones for the cabinets and as much deep as you want for the island.
Grey, wooden, whitish, cream or something around taupe can be used for the cabinets just try to keep them light, then go as much deep you want for the island.
Actually, if you apply a deeper variant of the top cabinet it will go much better it will draw attention due to the contrast. The two tone kitchen cabinet is done for drawing attention to the island.
It will create a good depth to the island having a darker down cabinet along with a lighter top cabinet.
Giving Importance to Details For Limit of Darkness
For providing a multicolor kitchen cabinet some elements must be provided to bring two colors close.
Like for an idea you can use a very light cream color with deep coffee color as a contrast at the focal point. Juniper at the focal point can be contrasted with lemon green.
For many designs you can go with similar type colors. Some bonds should be present for some designs. If completely different colors are provided make a hardware part to use for bringing a relation.
The Best Two-Tone Kitchen Cabinet Colors
Some of the mostly used two-tone kitchen cabinet colors are mentioned below.
For an idea they can be used then some changes can be made or you can totally copy them as they are well-tested ones, and they look good.
1. Two Toned Kitchen Cabinet has White & Grey Color
- This color combination is one of the mostly used color combinations.
- At this moment, white is very much trendy in the market so goes for grey.
- This color combination along with kitchen are being used for the whole house interior. Marble or marble quartz are the best thing that comes to mind which contains much whiter and greyer color.
- Backsplashes applied are made of either marble or white subway tile which also fits the color scheme. So, naturally you can consider your island to be naturally greyish in color.
- You can give whitish shaker-styled cabinets, having marble quartz along with matching solid slab backsplash having medium grey island.
- It is to be made sure that for this color scheme, the grey must be medium-dark in color.
- One advantage of grey is that you can add a little tint of any other color to it. Like you can add, the regular grey can be tinted to a bit of greenish or blue. This would look mind-blowing.
2. Two-Toned Kitchen Cabinet has White & Black Color
- One of the best preferred color combinations is this one, white and black. You will get a huge contrast to it.
- When placed alongside white will look more whitish, black will be looking much deeper black. In general, most ones will not be comfortable with the black color while color combination comes to play black can be easily considered.
- This is the most beautiful part of using two-toned colors, you will be using some colors which are generally not at all used by us. The second cabinet color allows us to use this.
- The hardware to used can be of golden color. This is a good consideration when the color scheme is like this. Even though all the things will be differently colored you can be sure the cabinets will be a good part to be noticed.
- The hardware is to be properly varied if the cabinet coloring are poles apart.
3. Two-Toned Kitchen Cabinet Having White & Blue Color
- White and blue island can be another great consideration for your kitchen. Deep blue is generally preferred although lighter ones will also work the colors must be shiny ones.
- The bolder colors are preferred for the island since it will give a very significant and clear focal look to it. It is a simple process to attain so.
- If two-toned colors are not provided then applying single blue color would be very difficult. Blue might then be provided in some artwork or paintings on wall as an accent.
- If blue to be applied as a color scheme, then this is the only process to apply it at the island at the focus point.
- It is a very interesting way to add bright colors like this in the kitchen. Otherwise, everything will be pale and dull having white, grey, neutral color on them. If wood is also considered then that also is pale.
- Playing with colors for your island is just fun.
4. Two-Toned Kitchen Cabinet has White & Green
- For two-toned kitchen cabinet designs white and green can also be a good combination.
- The reason for its popularity is similar to blue. Otherwise, this bright color would be difficult to use in a kitchen.
- If it is used alone for kitchen then it might be overpowering while for double toning it is perfect. It is much suited for the cabinets, that also if present at the focal point otherwise, apply it at the island.
- This idea of two toning is marvelous. Brighter green island is an immediate noticeable point having a light whitish backdrop. At the same time green will not be so overpowering to block the view of other cabinets present.
- Contradiction is its best part both color balances each other perfectly if everything was light in color then the kitchen would become dull to look at.
5. Two-Toned Kitchen Cabinet has White & Brown
- Two-toned kitchen cabinets can also have white and dark brown combination.
- Brown is a very soothing color in itself. Anything having red or golden is to stay away from. Dark rich chocolaty brown is best suited. It must not have any kind of tint in it, one should stay away from it.
- The contrasting color to be applied along with brown is a warm creamy color. If anyone wants a warm and welcoming kitchen then this type of color is just for you.
- When you use brown color use stain instead of paint. Then you receive a grainy finish like wood which looks fantastic. Although when you will get not-so-prominent grains then also there will be a textured finish.
- If someone have wooden floors then you will have to keep in mind that the floor and color do not gets match since you will require pure contrast and proper dissolution.
- For the island you can go with very deep brown so that there will be easy separation.