What Is Window Glazing?
Window glazing is one of the best innovations that help to maximize the energy of the buildings. Doors and windows are a-holes in the walls through which around 70% of heat loss occurs. Hence, the type of doors and windows you choose will significantly affect the energy efficiency of the buildings.
Window glazing is the actual glass part of modern-day windows installed with glazing putty and frame that supports the glass and holds it in place; window glazing is of different types based on varying requirements.
In this article, you will get to know the types of window glazing that usually used in the buildings and its advantages.
Also, Read: Building Estimation Step by Step In Excel Sheet
Types of Window Glazing
There are commonly three types of window glazing that are used.
- Single Window Glazing
- Double Window Glazing
- Triple Window Glazing
1. Single Glazing Window
Single window glazing is a type of glazing which is made up of only one layer and is commonly used in buildings.
A single glazed window is built using a single pane of glass. Single glazing is when there is only a single pane of glass is provided to the window glazing. As there is just one pane of glass is provided, the thermal and noise reduction capacity is considerably reduced.
2. Double Glazing Windows
The double-paned window has two panes of glass which is generally set into a frame to create a sandwich of glass.
Double glazed windows offer excellent insulation, which is a cost-effective option as they keep the house cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter season.
It also provides excellent sound insulation, which makes it the best option for buildings exposed to a high level of noise. A double glazed window utilizes two separate pieces of glass, separated by a vacuum.
Advantages of Double-Paned Window
There are various advantages of a double-paned window that are as follows
- The double-glazed windows are good thermal insulators.
- They provide a cost-effective option by keeping the house cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- They offer complete security as they are more tougher to break.
- The double-glazed windows allow the entry of natural light and provide natural ventilation.
3. Triple Glazing Windows
Triple glazing is basically a window that consists of three panes of glass separated with the help of argon gas. There is an extra layer of glass provided to insulate your home.
The extra layer of the glass helps to maintain the temperature of the room. Triple glazed windows are one of the advanced innovations in window insulation that makes it different from double glazing and secondary glazing.
Advantages of Triple Glazed Windows
There are numerous advantages of Triple glazed windows that are as follows
- It provides good noise reduction as compared to the other types of windows.
- It has tougher glass panes that help to improve the security of the home.
- It will increase the aesthetical view of the building.
- It helps to reduce the occurring of condensation on the windows.
- Provides better thermal insulation.
- It also helps to reduce the carbon footprint with energy-efficient windows.
Also, Read: What Is Bridge Abutment | 5 Types of Abutments