How to Get Rid of Paint Smell?
The paint smell is one of the very annoying things in our house or room. We are naturally using water based paint that does not contain too much smell. There are a few steps or processes are available to remove that smell, those are-
- Good Ventilation: Good ventilation in the room is one of the most important and effective processes. Constant airflow, through the room, removes the smell of the paint.
- Baking Soda: This also helps to remove the paint smell by absorbing the smell that’s why it is used in refrigerators. It takes overnight time to remove the paint smell.
- Use of Activated Charcoal: Activated Charcoal is another natural smell elimination product that absorbs smell from the corresponding place. If you want to remove the paint smell then put that and leave it for a day.
- House Temperature: If your house is well ventilated then the room temperature is also low and it’s good to remove paint smell easily. But if you paint in the winter season then don’t use heat for drying purposes, that will affect your paint.
- Use of Air Purifier: Air purifier is the fastest way to remove the smell.
- Low VOC: Try to use low VOC paint because it easily removes the smell.
- Use of Onions: Onions are generally contained chemicals that neutralize the smell of the paint.
6 Ways to Remove the Smell of Paint Fumes
There are so many ways are available to remove the smell of paint fumes but here we are discussing six ways to eliminate that, those are-
- The first and the most effective one is using baking soda because it absorbs the smell of paint fumes. This is generally used in the fridge and laundry. If you want to remove the paint smell from your room then put the baking soda in the bowl and it will completely clear within one day.
- The second and easy process to remove the smell of paint fumes is using onions. Use at least two onions to remove the smell and be careful that onions must not use for cooking purposes because they may contain inorganic compounds.
- Using activated charcoal is another good option. You may buy that from the market and place that at the center of the room.
- To remove the smell of paint fumes we can use lemon water, it’s a very simple process. Lemon water normally takes more time than other ones but the refreshing smell of that is very unique and fresh.
- Coffee grounds are also a very effective substitute to remove the smell of paint smell. Put a bowl of coffee grounds overnight for smell removing purposes.
- The final materials, which can remove the smell of the paint fumes, are peppermint & vanilla. Few drops of that can easily remove the odor or sometimes those are mixed with paint at the time of painting, which eliminates the smell before it starts any action.
Tips to Avoid Heavy Paint Fumes from the Start
There are generally very few types of processes that are available in the market, those are in the following-
Use of Different Flavours: Generally we are trying to remove the paint fumes after the painting operation. But sometimes we are trying to avoid the smell from the starting. Using chemical flavours like vanilla or another type is used. That flavour is mixed with the paint and it will start their activities and no other paint fumes will be observed.
Use of Lemon: Lemon is the easiest and best way to remove paint fumes. Lemon has a unique and natural flavour that will eliminate the paint smell. If you want to remove that then cut one or two pieces of lemon and mix with the paint. It will eliminate that paint fumes.