Instruction of Remove Paint from Concrete
- Concrete is a widely used building material in the construction industry. Concrete is used in the construction of every structural element.
- The Concrete surface has a natural light grey. The different types of paints are applied on the surface of the concrete to give aesthetical look to the surface the concrete.
- Concrete has porosity due to which it absorbs the liquid which is applied on the surface of Concrete. Due to the absorbing nature of concrete, it ships the layer of paint in it. That’s why it is very difficult to remove paint from concrete.
- There was a huge problem face by the people due to the lack of knowledge that how to remove paint from concrete floors.
- Concrete is a very economical Construction material that is used for the flooring. It is very easy to remove the fresh applied or accidentally fallen paint from the concrete surface but it is very challenging to remove dried paint from the concrete surface.
- If you are searching for the methods and techniques to remove the paint from the concrete surface then you are at the right place.
- Here in this article, you will get to know all about the methods and step-by-step procedure about how to get paint off the concrete surface and how to remove latex paint and oil paint from the concrete surface.
How to Remove Paint from Concrete Without Chemicals?
Removing paint from the concrete surface with the help of chemicals is very harmful. It is not safe to use chemicals and harmful liquids to remove the paint from the concrete Surface. It is very risky if you have small children’s in your home.
Here are some methods which are used to remove the paint from concrete without using chemicals
- Pressure Washer
- Floor Grinder
- Soda Blasting
#1. Pressure Washer
- A pressure washer is economical and the simple method which is used to remove the paint from the concrete floors. In the pressure washer method, the area on which the paint is to be remote should be washed with water with high-pressure intensity.
- A pressure washer is an efficient method that is used to remove spray paint from concrete. pressure washers widely used method used to remove paint from concrete without chemicals.
- The limitation of the pressure washer method is that it is not used to remove all types of paints. The Pressure washer is the best option to remove the latex paint.
- The water is supplied with high pressure on the affected area with the narrow strip of the pressure washer to remove the paint from the surface of the concrete.
- A pressure washer is not suitable to remove the epoxy paints from the surface of the concrete. Care should be taken while using this method because the washer Jet can cause damage.
- If the paint is not removed with the pressure washer, try to scrub the surface of the concrete with the hard bristle scrub brush, then spray again with the pressure washer until the paint is removed from the concrete.
#2. Floor Grinder
- Sometimes pressure washer method does not works, in this case, the floor grinder method is used to remove the paint from the concrete surface.
- A floor grinder is an effective method for removing paint from the surface of the concrete. There are two types of the grinding process, dry grinding, and wet grinding.
- Grinding will remove the paint from the surface of the concrete and make it smooth and clean.
- Care should be taken while grinding on the concrete surface otherwise there may be chances that the grinder leaves marks on the concrete surface.
#3. Soda Blasting
- Soda blasting is the most effective method used to remove the pan from the surface of the concrete without damaging it.
- Soda blasting easily removes paint, grease, oil, etc from the concrete surface. Soda best eco-friendly
- The soda blasting consists of a gun air compressor and the canister. The canister is get filled with Sodium Bicarbonate.
- Soda blasting uses a high volume compressor for delivering bicarbonate of soda blasting on the surface.
Procedure to Remove Paint from the Concrete Surface
Here is the step by step procedure that will help you to remove paint from the concrete surface
Step 1: Cleaning of the Concrete Surface
- First, it is very necessary to clean all the surfaces with the help of a broom or vacuum cleaner. All the dirt or debris should be completely cleaned from the surface of the concrete.
Step 2: Scrapping of Peeled Areas
- Some paint will be already begun to peel. Scrap away or remove the paint from the concrete surface.
Step 3: Application of the Paint Stripper for Concrete
- After that apply the paint stripper for concrete, allow it to set for some time. Do not apply the paint stripper in the wind or extremely hot climate conditions.
Step 4: Scrubbing Off the Surface
- Use the white wire brush to Scrub the paint which is loosened. Scrub off the whole surface until the paint will be removed from the concrete surface.
Step 5: Clean the Final Surface
- Clean the final surface with the help of a power washer which will remove the paint stripper and any other chemicals. Now the complete paint is removed from your concrete surface.
How to Remove Latex Paint?
- It is very necessary to remove the latex paint to make the surface clean and smooth. There are different ways that are used to remove the latex paint from the concrete surface.
- Ammonia is a common household cleaner that is widely used and applied to the affected area where the paint is to be removed from the surface.
- The layer of ammonia is applied to the affected area by using a saturated cloth which will help to cover the large area. The ammonia causes the latex paint to bubble up which will remove the paint from the concrete surface.
How to Get Spray Paint Off Concrete
The things which are required to get Spray paint off concrete are as follows
- Paint Remover
- Pressure Washer
- Elbow Grease
- Scrub Brush
- Safety Goggles
The procedure which is used to get Spray paint off concrete is as follows
Step 1: Use of Solution to Saturate the Required Area
- First upon the whole area is saturated with the paint stains which is chosen as a paint remover solution.
Step 2: Spray Hot Water Over the Area
- The next stage is a pressure washer. The pressure washer blasts away the paint from the concrete surface without any damage.
Step 3: Scrub the Surface with Wire Brush
- Scrub the surface of the concrete with the form of a bristle brush. This will completely remove the paint from the concrete surface.
Step 4: Thoroughly Rinse the Concrete with the Hot Soapy Water
- It is very essential and the last part of the process will help to completely remove the paint from the concrete surface.