Introduction Top 10 Construction Companies in India
Construction is one of the most important aspects of the development of any country which creates investment opportunities across all sectors.
The construction industry of India is growing day by day. It was expected that by 2025 the construction industry of India will be in third place globally.
The construction companies in India play a vital role in the development of the country.
There are various multinational as well as national construction companies in India which are working for the construction of highways, infrastructure, building, and Railway project.
The top infrastructure and construction companies in India form an integral part of the economy of the country.
Infrastructure includes the construction of transportation, communication, sewage water, and electric systems in the country.
There is increased demand in the real estate sector.
The infrastructure is one of the first priorities for the government in the development of the country.
That’s why infrastructure companies playing a vital role in the development of the country.
The highway construction companies India consistently working on the various road projects in India.
In this article, we provide a list of Top Civil Engineering construction companies in India that are leading construction companies in the industry.
There are many construction companies in India that are working consistently.
List of Top 10 cement companies in India as Per Revenue
|Sr.No.||Detail||Revenue in Core|
|1||Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T)||Rs 1.48 lakh crores|
|2||Shapooriji Pallonji||Rs. 52,747 crores|
|3||Jaypee Group||Rs. 13,831 Crores|
|4||TATA Projects||Rs 13,000 crore|
|5||Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)||Rs 8150 Crores|
|6||IRCON Limited||Rs. 5,441.72 crores|
|7||ESSAR Group||Rs. 1,400 crores|
|8||Unitech||Rs. 535 crores|
|9||Oberoi Realty||Rs. 320 crores|
|10||Gammon India Limited||Rs. 310.15 crores|
List of Civil Engineering companies in India
- Larsen and Toubro group ( L&T)
- Shapooriji Pallonji
- Jaypee group
- TATA Projects
- Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)
- IRCON limited
- ESSAR Group
- Oberoi Realty
- Gammon India Limited
1. Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T)
• Larsen and Toubro are one of the biggest construction companies in India. It ranked among the top 30 construction companies in the world.
• Larsen and Toubro were founded in the year 1938 and has headquarter located in Mumbai. Larsen and Toubro are originated from two Danish engineers.
• L&T is a major Engineering, technology, manufacturing, and construction which is working globally. The Company is known for its quality and innovative construction in the Industry.
• Larsen and Toubro are the leading Construction Company in India.
• L&T is committed to playing an important role in the Construction of Renewable energy by spreading the initiative of the Green revolution all over the country.
• The Products and Services of L&T are Power transmission and distribution, Highways Infrastructure, heavy infrastructure, transportation infrastructure, and water supply projects, and many more.
• Larsen and Toubro works on many big road projects which are worth more than 18,000 crores.
The leading projects which are executed by the company are as follows
- Construction of Panipat elevated corridor.
- Construction of fertilizer plant for NFCL.
- Construction of Krishnagiri bypass.
- Construction of Gujarat refinery for IOCL.
Basic Information of L&T
- Revenue: Rs. 1.48 lakh crores
- Employees: 337,994
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): 127,163.44
- Website: https://www.larsentoubro.com/
Also, read: 10 Best Cement Companies In India
2. Shapooriji Pallonji
• Shapooriji Pallonji develops assets in various sectors like power, ports and terminals, transportation in rails and roads, and natural resources not only in India but also all over the world.
• Shapoorji pallonji is one of the best building construction company in India.
• Shapooriji Pallonji is the first Company in India that Received an award of ‘International World Quality Commitment’.
• Shapooriji Pallonji works in various special projects like the underground Metro rail in India.
• Shapoorji pallonji is popularly known for its iconic buildings in Mumbai which includes Hong Kong bank, Grindlays Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, and Bombay stock exchange building, etc.
• Shapooriji Pallonji also Constructed the bridge vallarpadam railway bridge of a total length of 8km with a time period of 27 months.
• They provide end to end solutions in business segments such as Real Estate.
Basic Information of Shapooriji Pallonji
- Revenue: Rs. 52,747 crores
- Employees: –
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): –
- Website: https://www.shapoorjipallonji.com/
3. Jaypee Group
• Jaypee Group is one of the best and leading construction companies in India.
• It was founded by Jaiprakash Gaur Jaypee Group is diversified in the sectors like infrastructure engineering and construction Real estate cement hospitality and Expressway.
• Jaypee Group was founded in the year 1979. It has headquartered in Noida.
• Jaypee Group is the third-largest cement producer in the country.
• The Jaypee group is leading in the development of India. The Group is constructing 6 lanes 165 km long expressway project from Noida to Agra and ribbon development on 6175 acres at five locations along the expressway for commercial, industrial, institutional, residential buildings.
The Jaypee group has also secured three BOT contracts in the hydropower generation sector.
Basic Information of Jaypee Group
- Revenue: Rs. 13,831 Crores
- Employees: –
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 180.56 Crore
- Website: http://www.jalindia.com/
4. TATA Projects
• Tata project is one of the leading company construction companies in India.
• Tata project has rich experience in all types of Civil Engineering Works.
• Tata project has expertise in executive all complex as well as large construction projects.
• Tata Projects is one of the leading Holistic real estate companies in India which has built one of the best buildings and projects all over India.
• Tata project consistently working on low-cost housing for providing a home to an economically backward society.
• Tata Projects is also working on green sustainable buildings in India to bring green revolution all over the country.
• In the year 2010, Tata Housing launches TATA Value Homes in which 100% subsidiary Jivan for low cost and affordable housing in India with a price range of 4 to 10 lakh.
• There is much Construction which is awarded the gold certification by LEED.
• As one of the top construction company in India Tata projects provides a turnkey solution for the construction of bridges, roads, Metro systems, commercial buildings, Power Transmission and distribution systems and construction of airports, etc.
• The company is driven to deliver projects on time with world-class management techniques and high-quality standards of safety and sustainability.
Tata projects provide services are as follows
- Design review and development
- Planning and coordination
- Installation and project management
- Testing and commissioning
- Value Engineering
- Procurement and inspection
Basic Information of TATA Projects
- Revenue: Rs 13,000 crore
- Employees: –
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): –
- Website: https://www.tataprojects.com/
5. Hindustan Construction Company (HCC)
• HCC is one of the best construction companies in India which has executed Landmark projects all over the country since 1926.
• It is among the top 10 construction companies in India.
• Hindustan Construction Company has a Legacy of innovation in the field of Engineering and construction and developing high-quality infrastructure.
• The founder of Hindustan Construction Company was Seth hirachand Walchand.
• HCC has proficiencies in the field of transportation like the construction of Highways, Expressways with and Railways project, construction of hydroelectric power projects like dams tunnels and underground, construction of buildings, and industrial-like factory, and metal processing plants.
• Hindustan Construction Company is consistently working to deliver premium quality construction services with higher standards of safety and environment protection.
• Hindustan Construction Company has built more than 100 Environmental Engineering projects in India.
• The vision of HCC is to be the leader in the construction industry and a market-driven construction company which has renowned for its quality and reliability in various types of construction services.
• Hindustan Construction Company is consistently working on the development of Lavasa city which is a planned Hill City in the mountains of Sahyadri.
• The based projects which are executed by Hindustan Construction Company are Bandra Worli Sea Link and Mumbai Pune expressway.
• The Hindustan Construction company is a winner of the global sustainability leadership award for its contribution to the sustainable development of the country.
• One of the leading projects which are executed by Hindustan Construction Company is Farakka barrage, Godavari Arch Bridge, Andhra Pradesh, Lavasa city Pune Mumbai express highway, and Ennore Breakwaters.
Basic Information of Hindustan Construction Company
- Revenue: Rs 8150 Crores
- Employees: –
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 885.12 Cr
- Website: https://www.hccindia.com/
6. IRCON Limited
• IRCON Limited is a railway Construction Company which is specialized in the Construction of Transport Infrastructure.
• IRCON Limited is one of the best construction companies in India.
• It was founded in the year 1976. The chairman of the IRCON is Deepak Sabhlok.
• The company is popularly known for its innovative and high-quality infrastructure projects especially in the different terrains all over the country.
• IRCON had completed over 1650 infrastructure major Construction projects in the country and 900 major projects in all over the world.
• IRCON is a turnkey construction company which is specialized in the construction of Railways, rehabilitation of lines, station building, and construction of tunnels bridges, etc.
• The total length of track which is laid by IRCON is about 2025 km long.
• The company also has ongoing projects of 1174 km.
• The company has received a certificate of commencement of business in the year 2009 for its best performance.
• The main objective of the company is to provide high quality and safe infrastructure and construction.
• IRCON has provided service to one of the top organizations like Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and Indian Railways etc.
Basic Information of IRCON Limited
- Revenue: Rs. 5,441.72 crores
- Employees: 1,576 (2019)
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 3976.03 Crore
- Website: https://ircon.org/
7. ESSAR Group
• ESSAR is one of the best Multinational Construction companies in India.
• Essar Projects is one of the leading EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) company which offers a collaborative end-to-end project delivery model as per the customer needs.
• ESSAR Group has wide experience in the construction of the various megaprojects like Infrastructure Development of Airports, Railways, buildings, etc.
• The ESSAR Group was founded in the year 1960 by Shashi Ruia and Ravi Ruia.
• Essar Projects are mainly involved in setting up, operating, and maintaining the world-class manufacturing units which have helped in its expertise in offering turnkey solutions.
Basic Information of ESSAR Group
- Revenue: Rs. 1,400 crores
- Employees: 50,000
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 11,463.65 Crore
- Website: https://www.essar.com/
• Unitech Company was established in the year 1971. It is a leading Real Estate company in India.
• Unitech is one of the best road construction companies in India.
• The founder of the Unitech company was Ramesh Chandra.
• Firstly, it started business as a consultancy firm for soil and foundation engineering and has grown to have the most diversified in the real estate comprising of world-class premium quality commercial buildings, residential buildings, schools, hotels, malls, golf courses, and amusement parks, etc.
• Unitech Company is based in Delhi. It is expertise in the construction of Highways, roads, transmission lines, and powerhouses and residential houses, etc.
• Unitech has built more than 100 residential projects all over the country.
• Unitech has also developed a Metro walk-in Rohini. Unitech is working on many ongoing projects in cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Amritsar, and Bhopal, etc.
• Unitech has clients like HSBC, Sun Life, Marriott, Reebok, IBM, RBS, Bank of America and LG, etc.
Basic Information of Unitech
- Revenue: Rs. 535 crores
- Employees: 1472
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 426.46 Crore
- Website: http://www.unitechgroup.com/
9. Oberoi Realty
• Oberoi Realty is one of the best real estate development companies in India.
• The name of Oberoi realty was adopted in 2009 in order to clarify the nature and business operations of the company.
• The company becomes a public limited and its name changed to Oberoi Realty Limited.
• Oberoi Realty is the real estate development company that is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• The Chairman and the Managing Director of Oberoi Realty are Vikas Oberoi.
• In the year of 2010, The Oberoi realty was listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
• Oberoi reality is one of India’s leading real estate company which has headquartered in Mumbai.
• Oberoi Realty provides premium development in sectors like hospitality, resident, retail, office space and social infrastructure, etc.
• The company has successfully delivered the best project like a Plethora across Mumbai.
• Oberoi Realty is one of the best-established brands in the real estate sector.
• Oberoi Realty is popularly known for its premium quality high standard services.
• Oberoi Garden City is one of the best iconic award-winning flexure projects by Oberoi Realty.
Basic Information of Unitech
- Revenue: Rs. 320 crores
- Employees: 792
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 14,794.98 Crore
- Website: https://www.oberoirealty.com/
10. Gammon India Limited
• Gammon is one of the top Infrastructure Construction Company India.
• This company was founded in the year 1922 and had headquarter located in Mumbai.
• Gammon India is one of the top infrastructure companies in India. The company plays a significant role in various sectors of civil engineering and the designing and construction of the structures.
• Gammon India has built many iconic structures in India among which the Gateway of India is one of the best structures which is built by Gammon India.
• Gammon India works for various projects like construction of highways public utilities environmental and Marine structures etc.
• Gammon India expertise in designing the construction and operation of the modern and innovative bridges viaducts and metro rail projects.
• Gammon India works on both contract execution basis and (BOT) Build operate transfer.
• Gammon India had received various awards and recognitions from different reputed institutions for its high-quality service.
The leading projects which are executed by Gammon company in all over India as follows
- Precast reinforced concrete piling, construction of the foundation of the Gateway of India.
- Construction of elevated viaducts for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Construction of first 500 MW thermal power station.
- Construction of longest railway tunnel in Asia for Konkan Railway.
Basic Information of Gammon India Limited
- Revenue: Rs. 310.15 crores
- Employees: 8850 (2015-16)
- Market Cap (Rs Cr.): Rs. 60.98 Crore
- Website: http://www.gammonindia.com/