Introduction of Cost of Concrete Per Cubic Meter
Concrete is one of the most widely used and major construction materials that is used in the construction of almost every structure. There might be a question that arises in your mind: How much does concrete cost per cubic meter or what is the concrete rate per m3? But there is not an exact or straightforward answer to this question because the Cost of concrete per cubic metre depends upon various factors.
Many factors govern the cost of concrete per cubic meter such as the required strength of concrete, site conditions and the size of your project, etc.
It is important to have an idea about the 1m3 concrete price so that you can work out the construction project and the budget of your project.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Concrete per Cubic Meter
1. Major Factors
The major factors that affect the cost of concrete per cubic meter are:
The material plays an important role because about 50% is of the material cost and it plays a vital role in the estimation of the cost of concrete.
The cost of the material is considered as the total cost that is required as per the delivered at the site that includes transport cost, local charges as well as other taxes.
1.2 Labor Rates
The second most important factor that affects the rate analysis of concrete is labor.
The labor force is required to arrange the materials at the site in the proper manner. The local labor wages are taken into account which is specified by the state.
The specifications also play a vital role because it gives details about the item. As per the specification of the material the rates change.
2. Minor Factors
There are various minor factors that affect the rate of concrete that is as follows.
2.1 Tools and Plants
The cost of concrete also depends upon the type of machinery and equipment that are required for the construction of the structure.
2.2 Site Conditions
The site conditions and the location of the project site affect the cost of concrete. The site conditions such bearing capacity of the soil available at the site, environmental conditions affect the cost of concrete.
2.3 The magnitude of the project
The magnitude or the size of the project also going to affect the cost of concrete because if the project is large, then the rates are less. For the project having a longer duration then the project cost is more.
2.4 Overhead charges
The contractors usually kept about 10% of the total cost of the project aside to cover the unforeseen cost that is required during the project.
There may be more or higher contingency required of about 15%-20% because of the market changes and the scarcity of materials.
How to Estimate Concrete Cost?
To calculate the concrete rate per 1 m3, consider a concrete mix of M 20. The ratio of M20 grade concrete is (1:1.5:3) where 1 is a part of cement,1.5 is the part of fine aggregate and 3 is the part of coarse aggregate.
Let us take the water-cement ratio for the mixing of the concrete is 0.45 and the maximum size of the aggregate that is used in the manufacturing of the concrete is 20 mm.
Useful Article for You
- How Much Does a Yard of Concrete Weigh
- How Tall Is a Door
- How Many Stairs in a Flight
- How Many Bags of Concrete in a Yard
- How to Get Burnt Smell Out of Microwave
- How Far Apart Should Fence Posts Be
- How Many People Died Building the Great Wall of China
- How to Draw House
- How to Build a Lean to Roof
- How Many Bags of Concrete for 1 Yard
- How Much Does Cinder Block Cost
- How to Get a House for Free
- How Much Does It Cost to Soundproof a Room
- How to Read a Measuring Tape in Meters
- How to Mount a TV on a Brick Wall
- How Many Brick Are in a Cube
- How Is Transported Soil Different from Residual Soil
- How to Use Washers
- How to Get Property for Free
- How Is Tar Made
- How Much Does Gallon of Water Weight?
- How Many Tiles Do I Need?
- Does Concrete Have Lime in It
- How Much Does It Cost to Build a Pergola?
- How Much Does a Concrete Slab Cost?
- How Much Does a Yard of Gravel Weigh?
- How Many Shingles Do I Need for a 24×24 Garage?
- How to Remove Paint from Concrete Without Chemicals
- How to Cover Concrete Walls in Basement
- How to Find Wall load
- How to Build a Cavity Wall
- How Much Does a Heated Driveway Cost
- How Much Spray Foam Do I Need
- How to Get Blood Out of Carpet
- How to Find the Contour Interval
- How to Identify Zero Force Members
- How To Install A Welded Wire Fence
- How to Tell If a Wall Is Load Bearing
- How to Replace Outdoor Faucet
- How to Measure Pipe Size
- Rcc Cost Calculator
- How to Build a Pier and Beam Foundation
- How Is Cement Made
- How Much Gravel Is in a Ton
- How to Make a Fence Taller
- How to Get Rid of Sulfur Smell in House
- How Much Does a Gallon of Oil Weigh
- How Many Feet Wide Is a Queen Bed
- How to Use Hydraulic Cement
- How to Find Tributary Area
- How to Calculate Construction Cost Per Square Feet
- How to Build an Outdoor Fireplace Cheap
- How Much Can a 6×6 Post Support
- Sand Chemical Composition
1. Assumptions for Cost of Concrete Per Cubic Meter
The Bulk density of the materials that are used in the concrete.
- Bulk density of cement = 1500 kg/m3
- Bulk density of sand = 1700 kg/m3
- Bulk density of coarse aggregate = 1650 kg/m3
2. Materials Calculation For 1 m3 Concrete
Calculations of materials that are required for making 1 m3 concrete
Dry Volume = Wet volume of concrete x 1.54
- Dry volume of concrete = 1 x 1.54
- Dry volume of concrete = 1.54 m3
Volume of Concrete = (Dry Volume x Cement Ratio)/ Sum of Ratio
- Volume of Concrete = ( 1.54 x 1)/(1+1.5+3)
- Volume of Concrete = 1.52/5.5
- Volume of Concrete = 0.28 m3
As we all know the bulk density of cement is given by
Bulk density of cement = ( Mass of Cement / Volume of Cement)
Mass of cement = Volume of cement x Bulk density of cement
- Mass of Cement = 0.28 x 1500
- Mass of Cement = 420 kg
- Number of Bags = 420/50
- Number of Bags = 8.4 Bags
Volume of Sand = ( Dry Volume x Sand Ratio)/ Sum of Ratios
- Volume of Sand = ( 1.54 x 1.5)/(1+1.5+3)
- Volume of Sand = 0.42 m3
- Mass of sand = 0.42 x 1700
- Mass of sand = 714 kg
Volume of Coarse Aggregate = ( Dry Volume x Coarse Aggregate ratio)/ Sum of Ratios
- Volume of Coarse Aggregate = (1.54 x 3)/(1+1.5+3)
- Volume of Coarse Aggregate = 0.84 m3
- Mass of Coarse Aggregate = 0.84 x 1650
- Mass of Coarse Aggregate = 1386 kg
3. Calculation of Cost of Concrete Per Cubic Meter
Cost of Cement for 1m3 Concrete
As per the current market rates of the cement bag, the cost of one cement bag ranges from Rs 300 to Rs 450.
- Let us consider the cost of one cement bag is Rs 350
- Cement Rate For 1m3 Concrete = 8.4 x 350
- The cement rate for 1m3 concrete is Rs. 2940, which is a crucial factor in the cost of concrete per m3.
Cost of Sand for 1 m3 Concrete
As per the current market rates of 1 m3 sand is about Rs 1300
- Sand Rate For 1m3 Concrete = 0.42 x 1300
- The sand rate for 1m3 concrete is Rs 546, contributing to the overall 1m3 concrete price.
Cost of Coarse Aggregate for 1 m3 Concrete
As per the current market rates of the coarse aggregate is about Rs 2500
- Coarse Aggregate Rate For 1m3 Concrete = 0.84 x 2500
- The coarse aggregate rate for 1m3 concrete is Rs. 2100, a significant component of the 1m3 concrete price in India.
The Total cost of 1 m3 concrete of M20 grade
Cost of 1 m3 Concrete = Cost of cement + Cost of sand + Cost of coarse aggregate
Cost of 1 m3 Concrete = Rs. 2940 + Rs. 546 + Rs. 2100
- Concrete Cubic Meter Price = Rs. 5586
Therefore, the 1m3 concrete price is about Rs. 5586, equivalent to $75, which is a competitive concrete price per cubic meter.
Concrete Cost Calculator
- How to Use Rate Analysis of Brick Work Calculator| Rate Analysis of Brick Work Calculator
- Rate Analysis of Plastering Calculator | What is Rate analysis of Plaster | How to Use Calculator
- How to Use Rate Analysis for Concrete Calculator | Rate Analysis for Concrete Calculator | Material Calculation in Rate Analysis of Concrete
- How to Use Rate Analysis for Dry Lean Concrete Calculator | Rate Analysis for Dry Lean Concrete | Material Calculation in Rate Analysis of Dry Lean Concrete
What is Concrete Rate Per CFT?
We can also calculate the concrete rate per cft. As we know the rate of concrete per cubic feet is about Rs 5586.
1 m3 Volume of Concrete is about 35.3147 cu.ft
So, to determine the concrete rate per cu.ft
Cost of 1 ft3 Concrete = 5586/35.3147
Cost of 1 ft3 Concrete = Rs. 158.17 say Rs. 159
The concrete rate per cu.ft is about Rs 159 or $2.14, providing an alternative perspective to the cost of concrete per cubic meter.
Additional Cost of Concrete
The above cost of concrete per cubic meter we have calculated is only for the raw materials used in the manufacturing of concrete. But the actual total cost of the concrete includes all the cost of various things such as transporting, compaction, equipment’s, reinforcement required in the concrete, formwork and labour charges.
1. Mixing of Concrete
The cost required for proper mixing of the concrete is also included in the additional cost of concrete per m3.
2. Transportation Cost
3. Cost Required for Compaction of Concrete
It is very necessary that during the concreting work the engineers have to ensure that the proper compaction should be done on-site. For the compaction work, machinery are required such as a vibration machine and other tools that are also added to the cost of concrete.
For the construction of RCC structures, the cost of steel and the labour charges for the bending and cutting of the reinforcements are added in the additional cost for the concrete.
5. Formwork or Shuttering
The concreting work required shuttering for casting concrete. This cost is also added. This are some of the additional costs that are required to be considered while calculating the total cost of concrete.