What is Construction Equipment?
Construction tasks and earthwork operations, including the use of types of heavy equipment machines, are easily executed with the help of construction equipment.
Heavy machinery used in construction projects and types of construction vehicles are essential in building construction.
As there are several types of heavy equipment available, every type of construction machines required for the Project cannot be owned by any contractor.
In the construction of any project, the basic operations are excavation, digging of large quantities of earth using different types of heavy equipment, moving them to long distances, placement, compacting, levelling, dozing, grading, hauling, etc. using machines for construction.
Useful Article for You
- What Is a Contour Interval
- What Is Tile
- What Is the Difference Between a Shower Pan and a Shower Base?
- What Is a Window Panel
- Type of Arch
- What Is a Frame Structure
- What Is the Measurement for a Queen Size Bed
- What Is Considered Livable Space
- What Is One Way You Can Save Electricity?
- What Is Mdf Mean
- Pier in Construction
- What Is a Bundle of Shingles
- What Is a Gallon of Water Weigh
- What Is SuperelevationWhat Is Overhang
- What Is Sand Blasting
- What Is a Span Bridge
- What Is the Little Black Diamond on a Tape Measure
- What Is a Louvered Door
- What Is a Spread Footing
- What Is Leveling
- Different Types of Beam
- What Is Pedestal
- What Is Plumbing Fixtures
- Pier Drilling
- What Is Slab Construction
- What Is Calacatta Quartz
- What Is Auxiliary View
- Sheepsfoot Roller
- Live Load Vs Dead Load
- What Is 1 Flight of Stairs
- What Is Refractory Cement
- What Is Luminous Flux Vs Lumens
- What Is a Frost Wall
- What Is an Undercoat
- What Is Road Pavement
- Arch Foundation
- What Is a Stair Landing
- What Is Stone Masonry
- What Is a Spandrel Beam
- What Is Pier and Beam Foundation
- What Is Levelling
- What Is a Pile Cap
- What Is a Mat Foundation
- What Is a Floating Slab
- What Is the Purpose of Foundation
- What Is Modulus of Rupture
- What Is a Flush Door
- What Is Residential Construction
- What Is the Best Foundation for a House
- What Is Oblique Drawing
- What Is a Benchmark in Surveying
- What Is a Engineering Drawing
- What Is an Admixture
- What Is a Monolithic Slab Foundation
- What Is the Standard Size Water Supply Line
- What Is the Difference Between Tension and Compression?
- What Is a Tremie
- What Is Tributary Area
- What Is Shoring Construction
- What Is a Cason
- What Is Wall Putty
- What Is the Difference Between Mortar and Concrete
- What Is Bhk
- What Is Sbc of Soil
- What Is Plinth Level
- What Is Water Proofing
- What Is Mix Design of Concrete
- What Is Fine Aggregate
- What Is Retention Money
- What Is Design Mix
- What Is Isometric Scale
- What Is Development Length
- What Is Superelevation
- What Is Wall Made Of
- What Is Micro Piling
- What Is Soil Stack
- What Is a Half Wall Called
- What Is Flagstone
- What Is a Cinder Block
- What Is Plinth
- What Is Floors
- What Is Centering in Construction
- What Is the Cost of 1 Bag Cement
- What Is a Drop Manhole
- What Is the Top of a Column Called
Types of Construction Equipment
There are various construction machinery names available, showcasing the diversity in civil equipment. They are categorized as below.
- Earth Moving Equipment
- Construction Vehicles
- Material Handling Equipment
- Other Construction Equipment
1. Earth Moving Equipment
- Motor Scrapers
- Crawler Loaders
The backhoe has another name, which is a rear actor and it is a type of excavating equipment or digger.
It has a two-part articulated arm, and at the end of it, there is a digging bucket.
Loaders are used to load materials. Along with loading the materials, loaders are also used to move the construction materials present at the site.
Materials like gravel, rocks, dirt, snow, asphalt, demolition debris, recycled materials, etc. are loaded and moved by loaders.
There are different types of loaders available such as scoop loaders, skid steer loaders, front loaders, bucket loaders, payloaders etc.
A huge blade fitted at the front of a tractor is a bulldozer.
Trencher used to dig trenches, especially for laying pipes or electrical cables, for installing drainage.
Trenchers may range in size from walk-behind models to attachments.
1.6 Motor Scrapers
A Motor-scraper that is a piece of heavy equipment used for earthmoving is also called a wheeled tractor scraper.
Their load can be transported to the fill area where the blade is raised.
1.7 Crawler Loaders
They are heavy-duty earth-moving machines that give the big power of a dozer and the heavy loading and lifting power.
2. Construction Vehicles
Here, the construction vehicles two different types are as follows.
A dumper is designed to carry bulk material on building sites.
Dumpers are distinguished from dump trucks as there is a cab in dump trucks in front of the load.
Tippers are used for taking dumps for construction and are also known as dumper trucks or tipper trucks.
They are also used for carrying soil, aggregate, crushed rock, and other bulk materials to and from construction sites.
3. Material Handling Equipment
Here, the material handling equipment four different types are as follows.
A crane can be moved horizontally. The main components of the brain are chains, sheaves, wire ropes etc and with the help of them, a crane can lift the materials and also can lower them.
One of the most commonly used vehicles to move materials from one site to another is a conveyor.
A forklift is used while moving and lifting the materials at very short distances.
While lifting or lowering a load using a drum around which rope or chain wraps, a hoist is used. A hoist can be operated manually or electrically and this is their biggest advantage.
4. Construction Equipment
Here, the construction equipment four different types are as follows.
- Tunneling and Handling Equipment
- Concrete Mixers
- Road Rollers
- Hot Mix Plants
- Slurry Seal Machines
4.1 Tunneling and Handling Equipment
To remove muck and spoil from tunneling excavation sites, tunneling equipment is most efficient and reliable and provides lower risk. For the transporting of materials from the tunnel excavation site to the surface, they are used.
4.2. Concrete Mixers
A concrete mixer is used to form concrete by making a homogeneous combination of cement, sand, aggregate, and water.
In a mixer truck, there is a revolving drum mounted on it that mixes all components.
A concrete mixture truck is used When smaller quantities of cement are needed at a construction site.
With the help of this Concrete mixture truck, Workers get enough time to use the concrete before it gets hard.
4.2. Road Rollers
4.4. Hot Mix Plants
For a homogeneous mixture it is required to mix the dry warm aggregate, and Asphalt at the required temperature, a hot mix plant is used there.
They are observed to be used mainly in the construction of highways, city roads etc.
4.5. Slurry Seal Machines
Slurry seals solve various problems that are created while constructing airfields, streets, parking lots etc. Aggregate, asphalt emulsion, and fillers are the main materials to form a slurry.
These materials are mixed according to the mixed design formula.
Machines Used in Construction
For construction purposes, many heavy equipment types are used, some of them are-
- Bulldozers: Bulldozer is one of the most common, most widely known, and the most reliable type of construction vehicle, used in construction. and is also the strongest among all other types. A huge blade fitted at the front of a tractor is a bulldozer which is very a powerful machine for transporting huge amounts of soil sand etc. They can easily grip the ground and can be easily mobilized on patchy terrain.
- Dumpers: A dumper is designed to carry bulk material on building sites. Dumpers are distinguished from dump trucks as there is a cab in dump trucks in front of the load
- Tippers: Tippers are used for taking dumps for construction and are also known as dumper trucks or tipper trucks. They are also used for carrying soil, aggregate, crushed rock, and other bulk materials to and from construction sites.
- Concrete Mixers: A concrete mixer is used to form concrete by making a homogeneous combination of cement, sand, aggregate, and water. In a mixer truck, there is a revolving drum mounted on it that mixes all components.
Useful Article for You
- Zero Force Members
- How Much Does a Yard of Concrete Weigh
- Cmu Wall Meaning
- Gradient Road
- Budget Sunroom Ideas
- Types of Vaulted Ceilings
- Well Points
- How Does Baking Soda Remove Blood from Carpet
- What Are Forms in Construction
- How Heavy Is Dirt
- Tender Meaning in Architecture
- Dark Olive Green House
- Cast in Place Concrete
- Lean to Roof
- How Tall Is an Average Door
- Grade Beam Foundation
- Window Sill Height
- Concrete Cold Joint
- Types of Traps
- Types of Pipe
- Wood Supporting Beams
- Home Depot Scrap Wood
- Lvl Beam Size Calculator
- Structural Shell
- Curb Types
- Rcc Breaking Rate
- Optimum Dry Meaning
- Disadvantages of Low-E Glass
- Bridge Abutment Definition
- Composite Masonry Wall
- Is Cedar a Hardwood or Softwood
- Modified Proctor Test
- Physical Properties of Sand
- Sugar in Concrete
- Crane Machine Construction
- Types of Gable Roofs
- Door Frame Types
- How Much Does 55 Gallons of Oil Weigh
- Dog Leg Stairs
- Concrete Salt Finish
- Westpoint Bridge Builders
- Types of Porches
- Roof Pitch Types
- Types of Weirs
- Asphalt Floor
- Dutch Roof
- #6 Rebar Weight Per Foot
- Prizmatic Compass
- Bond Break Concrete
- Poured Concrete Wall Cost Calculator
- How Many 60 Lb Bags of Concrete in a Yard
- Wood Fence Post Spacing Chart
- Design of Building Structures
- Topping Slab
- Types of Cinder Blocks
- Fresh Concrete
- Door Colors for Red Brick House
- Foundation Spalling
- Clear Cover Concrete
- Tiles Brand
- Cement Consumption in Plaster
- Aggregate Density Kg M3
- Load Bearing Wall Construction
- Weight of Concrete Slab Calculator
- Is Clay Smaller Than Silt
- How to Calculate Dead Load
- Bad Concrete Work
- Stepped Foundations
- Residential Construction Cost Estimator Excel
- Different Construction Trucks
- Septic Pump Replacement Cost
- What Is Rcc Value Day
- What Is a Highway Flyover
- Tie Beam Concrete
- Cyclonic Precipitation
- M30 Concrete Ratio
- Top 20 Pvc Pipe Brands in India
- Footing Vs Foundation
- Parts of an Arch
What Is a Heavy Equipment in Construction?
These machines, representing different types of heavy equipment, include bulldozers, backhoes, graders, trench diggers, excavators, loaders, rollers, pumps, tractors, and scrapers, among others.
Operating Engineers control equipment by moving levers, pushing foot pedals, operating switches, and moving joysticks.
Heavy Equipment Engineering
Heavy equipment operator (operating engineer) whether working as heavy equipment operators, mechanics, or surveyors, operating engineers can be found on any project using construction equipment.
Mechanics repair and maintain the equipment used on the job, requiring a thorough knowledge of many types of equipment
Heavy Equipment Companies
Many companies make heavy equipment. some of them are listed below-
- Hitachi Construction Machinery
- Volvo Construction Equipment
- Doosan Infracore
- John Deere.
Heavy Construction Equipment
Some of the heavy construction equipment are
- Road Rollers: Road rollers are a very essential vehicles while constructing and repairing roads. It is a compactor-type machine that is used to compact soil, gravel, concrete, etc.
- Conveyors: One of the most commonly used vehicles to move materials from one site to another is a conveyor. While transporting heavy or bulky materials, conveyors are useful.
- Excavators: At every construction site, a primary activity that takes place is excavation. Heavy excavation equipment is needed while excavating the earth as it is of a very large scale. To excavate, excavators are used, which are one of the most valuable construction vehicles.
There is five important equipment system comprising heavy equipment: traction, control, implementation, structure, power train, and information.
Some commonly used heavy equipment are noted below.
- Asphalt Paver
- Cold Planer
- Pavement Milling
- Slipform Paver
- Vibratory Compactor
- Tunnel Boring Machine
- Pneumatic Tire Compactor
- Hydromantic Tool
- Ballast Tamper
- Drilling Machine
- Pile Driver
- Amphibious excavator
- Compact excavator
- Dragline excavator
- Bucket-wheel excavator.
- Power shovel
- Steam shovel
- Backhoe loader, Backhoe
- Fresno scraper
- Wheel tractor-scraper.
- Construction & mining tractor
- Construction & mining trucks
- Articulated Haulier
- Articulated Truck
- Wheel dozers – soil compactors
- Soil stabilizer
- Skip loader (Skippy)
- Wheel loader
- Track loader